-Six- Interlude

The three roommates finished breakfast and started to get ready for the day, changing into proper clothes and checking up on Dream's stitches. They got together a plan. All of them were going to go to Sapnap's work, drop him off, and then go to George's work.

The first hitch came when they got to Sapnap's work. He walked in there, smiled pleasantly at his co-workers, and handed the woman at the counter a note. "Give this to the boss, please!" he said, his smile seeping into his voice. Then he walked right back out.

George and Dream were a bit ahead. George was giving Dream a briefing of what was going to go down once they got to the hub. "So, Dream, I can do all the paperwork and all that stuff for you- I just need your testament. And also, if you're interested in a coding job, I can hook you up with an interview with-"

"HEY, WAIT UP!" Sapnap ran up the sidewalk. He quickly caught up with his friends.

"Dude, I thought you were going to work. What happened to that?" Dream asked, looking over at Sap.

"Oh yeah, I decided to quit."

"Oh, cool." There was a pause before the news seemed to sink in. "Wait, what?" George whipped around.

"Yeah, I figured I'd just get the job at your workplace and call it a day-"

"JUST BECAUSE I WORK THERE DOESN'T GUARANTEE YOU A JOB, IDIOT."

"Huh. Well man, I sure hope I do good at this job interview."

"...You are an absolute idiot, Sapnap. Or should I say... Snapchat."

"No, you shouldn't say." Sapnap flicked George and Dream laugh-wheezed at their antics.

----------

After a few minutes, they arrived at the Hub. George walked in and waved hello to Finn, who was handing some paperwork out to some people. He gestured for Sap and Dream to follow him in and led them to an elevator. They had to wait for it to come back down.

It dinged and opened. Out stepped a tall pink-haired man. Dream felt his blood go cold. Technoblade was here, right in front of him.

Oh God, he's going to notice me. I should have never come. He is going to murder me on the spot and George and Sap will be killed for association. I need to GO. I need to GO. I need to GO.

"Hey, George, who're they?" He looked over Dream and Sap. Sap gave a wave.

"Ah, hey Techno! Just some friends, looking for a job. We're kinda understaffed so I figured here would be good."

"Cool, cool. I'm gonna start training some new nerds. You may have seen them in the lobby."

"Oh, nice! Are you gonna put them through Phil first?"

"You know it." Techno gave a wave and started walking by.

And that was it. They walked past Techno, and he didn't even spare another glance. The trio walked into the elevator. Dream let out a breath. The elevator doors shut with a ding and Dream felt his blood start to flow again. A few moments passed, elevator music playing in the background. The door opened again. The trio stepped out.

Dream's panic was replaced with a sense of victory as it hit him- He'd just gotten past Technoblade. He'd done it! He walked into the records room with a skip in his step.

He was sure that if he made it past Techno, he could do almost anything.

----------

Bad was extremely happy to be out of the Hub. He was so tired of heroes questioning him and being stuck in the bed. Wilbur had been nothing but professional, but Bad was just tired of being asked to say the same things over and over.