Chapter 10

Rachel's POV

I'm standing making some lunch in the kitchen when I heard the door open. It's only 12:34pm so I don't know who it could be since Blair is at school and Chloe is at work.
"It's me!" I hear Chloe shout and my body relaxes a bit.
"I'm in the kitchen." I shout back then she her walk towards me. "I thought you were supposed to be at work." I say to her.
"Yeah well I thought I should come and talk to you about last night. I told Oscar and he said it was fine." She says.
"Okay." I say while walking into the living room, sitting out the couch and Chloe comes and sits next to me. "What's wrong?" I ask her.
"Do you remember Max? The girl that left me right after my dad died. The person who didn't bother contacting me when I needed her most?" She asks me.
"Yeah, why?" I ask in confusion.
"Well when I went to work yesterday she was standing in the garage. I completely freaked out on her. She left her number with Oscar because I asked her too so we can talk when I'm ready. I just don't know what I should do." Chloe says to me.
"I'm sorry Chloe. You know you could have talked to me and told me about it."
"Yeah I know it's just I'm weird about these things. You know that." She says.
"I know, so where did you go last night?" I ask curious about where she could have gone for so many hours in the night plus I didn't want her to be stressed out about the whole Max situation so I switched subject.
"I went to the cliffs. It reminded me of the ones in Arcadia Bay. All the times we had there. I just lost track of time. I'm sorry for making you worry." She admits.
"It's okay, you were dealing with something and I shouldn't have slapped you last night. It was wrong of me." I say apologetic and hug her. She hugs me back.
"It's fine I definitely deserved that." She says laughing and I laugh a little too.

After a day of hanging out, watching movies and listening to music like we used to do Chloe looked at her phone and saw it was time to pick Blair up.
" I'm gonna go pick Blair up from school, wanna come?" She asks me.
"Sure." I say and we both make our way to Chloe's truck.
"Man, remember all of the times we would just drive around Arcadia Bay and just flipping off the Blackwell student." I say as we both sit in the truck.
"Yeah and every time Victoria's face was priceless." Chloe says and we both laugh. I put on some music and Chloe starts to drive. The drive to Blair's school was so great. Chloe and I rocked all the way there and didn't stop when we got to the school. I loved seeing everyone's faces. It was great. We are back at home and I'm cooking dinner while Chloe is sitting at the island and Blair is upstairs doing homework.
"Hey Chlo?" I say.
"Yeah?" She asks.
"Could you maybe try and talk to Blair now. I know you didn't get the chance the other day." I ask.
"Sure thing Rach." She says as she get up and starts walking upstairs.

Chloe's POV

I walk to Blair's room, knock then poke my head through the door.
"Hey Blair, got time to talk?" I ask. She is sitting at her desk.
"Sure thing Chloe, what's up?" She asks as she puts her pencil down and spins her chair around, taking her headphones off.
"I was just wondering if there is anything wrong, and don't just say you're fine because I know when someone is lying. Especially in these situations."
"What do you mean? Why do you know about these situations so well?" She asks.
"Stop changing the subject! You're good at that but it won't get past me. If you really want to know I used to be like you. Always in my room. Blasting loud music. Now you tell me what's up and don't even think about changing the subject this time." I say sitting down on her bed and she comes and sits next to me.
"If I'm honest with you Chloe I don't really know. It might have something to do with this girl at my school, Maddison, she is a bully and is just awful to me. I don't know. Please don't mention it to my mom. She would make a big deal out of it and I really don't want that." Blair says and looks at me with pleading eyes.
"Of course, whatever you don't want to talk to your mom about you can always come to me and what is said between us stays between us." I say to her and hold out my pinkie to promise to her that nothing would be said. She wraps her pinkie around my pinkie and we shake them. I start to get up and walk to the door. I was about to turn the door knob when I hear Blair say my name. I turn around and she hugs me tightly. I hug back. I smile.
"Thank you." I hear her say while her head was smacked up against my chest.
"Anytime." I say.

A.N. Hey I know you're wanting Amberprice but just wait. I've got something planned.