Chapter 16

Chloe's POV

Rachel and I walk out of the bathroom and see Victoria Chase coming our way. I give Rachel a look saying 'shit is about to go down'. She nods then Victoria approaches us. She stops in front of us with her two minions Taylor and Courtney. Some things never change.
"Kari Price and Little Miss Perfect." Victoria says.
"I see that Taylor and Courtney's heads are still so far up your ass Victoria." I say and fold my arms across my chest. I hear Rachel laugh a bit.  Victoria just groans.
"Why did you even come here?" She asks. "It's not like anyone would miss you." She scoffs and I laugh at her remark.
"You know Vic, I think that you should just walk away from this situation. We don't want a repeat of the first day of senior year now do we?" I ask and she gives me a scared look then turns around and walks away. I hear her say
"Whatever." Then I turn to face Rachel.
"Forget about her, let's go see other people." I say to Rachel.
"Yeah, okay." She says then we walk out of the building.

First day of senior year

I was walking in the courtyard with my arm around Rachel's shoulder when Victoria and her posse coming towards us.
"Just great." I say under my breath. Victoria arrives in front of us.
"What do you want Victoria?" Rachel asks her.
"Just wanted to see how the power couple of Blackwell if doing." She says in a sarcastic tone.
"We're fine, now leave before something happens." I say in a threatening voice.
"How about no, Kari I've got to tell you something about your sweet little girlfriend." She says looking straight at Rachel.
"Victoria drop it." Rachel says.
"Drop what? Someone better tell me what's going on." I say.
"Oh it's nothing. I just thought Rachel and Frank Bowers looked very close for a drug dealer and a client." Victoria says.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I ask taking my arm from around Rachel's shoulder and walking up to Victoria getting really close. I pick her up from her collar and lift her off of the ground pushing her against the wall. Taylor and Courtney have run off looking for help. Rachel is frozen and isn't doing anything bit staring at what is happening. I get really close to Victoria's ear and whisper.
"Don't even think about trying to break me and Rachel apart it's never going to happen, and next time you try something like this the consequences will be way worse that this." I say then throw her on the ground into a puddle. Her cashmere cardigan was ruined. She looked at me scared then stumbled to her feet and walked away. I walk back over to Rachel and put my arm back over her shoulders, kiss her forehead then start to walk again.

Present Day

After catching up with a few more people I see Steph and Mikey.
"Hey Rach, I'm gonna go over to Steph and Mikey. I'll see you in a bit." I say.
"Okay." She replies. I walk over to them.
"Well of it isn't Chloe Price." Steph says surprised.
"What didn't expect me to come?" I say in a joking voice.
"Well I just wouldn't have guessed school reunions were your thing." She says.
"Yeah well, Rachel and I thought that we probably should come." I say.
"You two still together?" Mikey asks.
"No, not anymore." I explain to them everything that happened between Rachel and I in the last 20 years. "If I have to explain that to anyone else I might just die." I joked and they both laughed.
"Well it's good that you two are still friends." Steph says.
"Yeah." I say. I check my phone and see that it is 8:47pm. "Right guys, I think I'm gonna get going. I'll see you both tomorrow." I say.
"Yeah, see you." Steph says. I hug them both then go over to the big crowd. I know Rachel is in the middle of it. I push my way past people until I'm beside her.
"He Rach, I'm gonna go back to the hotel. You can stay if you want." I say to her.
"No, I'll come with you." She says then says goodbye to some people.

Rachel and I are walking down the street across from her old house because it's the way to the hotel.
"Today was super fun. Well except for that while with with Victoria." Rachel says.
"Yeah well she won't be a problem." I say.
"That's great." She say. We keep walking and talking then stop under a lamp post.
"Remember this?" I ask.
"How could I forget it." She says looking on my eyes. She comes over and puts her arms around my neck and her head on my shoulder. I put my around her waist and hug her back. She pulls out of the hug and looks at me. We look at each other for a few more seconds then she starts to lean in. I lean in as well and soon our lips were inches apart. I slowly press my lips against hers and she kisses back. The kiss started off slowly now it's getting faster and more passionate. I pull away and put my forehead against hers.
"I love you Rachel Amber. I never stopped." I say.
"I love you too Chloe Price." She says and leans in again. We kiss again. This has been the best day ever.