Chapter 21

Chloe's POV

I just wake up next to Rachel. She is still asleep so I go into the bathroom and look for Dana's contact.When I find it I press call.
Dana: "Hello?"
Chloe: Hey Dana, I was wondering if you could get a plane here today and we can go ring shopping later?"
Dana: Of course, I will start to get packed up and get on the next flight.
Chloe: "Great, I will pick you up at the airport. Just text me when you're boarding the plane."
Dana: Sure thing. See you later."
Chloe: Yeah. See you."
I hung up then walked out of the bathroom and go back into the bedroom. Rachel is awake.
"Morning beautiful." I say walking over to her and giving her a kiss.
"Good morning." She says and smiles at me. "What are we doing today?" She asks.
"Well since we are supposed to be in Arcadia Bay I have the rest of the week off of work but I've got to do some things in like 3 hours so we can hang out until then." I say.
"Okay, what have you got to do?" She asks suspiciously.
"Nothing to worry about. Now let's get some breakfast." I say and walk to the door. Before I get to the door I hear Rachel calling my name.
"Chloe?"
"Yeah?" I say spinning on my heels to face her.
"You're only in boxers and an undershirt." She points out.
"Oh yeah, I forgot I need to get changed." I say laughing and she joins in. "How about you start making breakfast and I'll join you in the kitchen when I'm done. I'll bring Blair down with me." I say. She nods.
"Yes that sounds like a plan." She says opening the door and leaving to go downstairs. I get dressed and knock on Blair's door. I hear a faint mumble through  the door.
"Come in."
I walk in and see Blair lying right across her bed. She has got her head underneath the pillows.
"Blair?" I say hoping she would get up.
"What?" She says annoyed.
"I need to talk to you about something." I say and she sits up.
"What's up?" She asks.
"So, Rachel's best friend when she was in high school was this girl called Dana. Now she's coming here to help me pick out a ring. Will you keep Rachel busy. She already knows that I'm doing something but it would be best if you could keep her away from shopping. Maybe just keep her in the house and watch TV or something." I say.
"Yeah alright." Blair says in response.
"Rachel has started making breakfast so get dressed then come down." I say walking out of her room.

Rachel, Blair and I just ate breakfast and I get a text from Dana.
Dana: Just boarding the plane now. See you in an hour or so.
Chloe: Alright, see you soon.
"Hey Rach? Ive got to go in like 30 minutes." I tell her.
"Okay that fine." Rachel says.
"Hey mom?" Blair says.
"Yeah sweetie?" Rachel says in response.
"Can we have a movie day?" Blair asks almost pleading.
"Sure, if thats what you want then that's what we will do." Rachel says.
"Great, I'll pick out some movies." Blair says running to the living room. Rachel and I laugh.
"I've got to get ready to go but I'll say goodbye before I leave." I say walking over to Rachel.
"Okay." Rachel says kissing me. I kiss back.
"I've got to get ready." I say in between kisses.
"I know but I want to spend as much time as possible with you." She says.
"I want to say with you too but I've really got to go." I say kissing her one last time then going upstairs to the bedroom. I go into the bathroom anf brush my teeth then my hair. After I've done everything that needed to be done I go downstairs and into the living room where Rachel and Blair are sitting on the couch getting ready to binge some movies.
"Right, I'm heading. I'll see you two later." I say going over to Rachel and kissing her on the head. I then do my little handshake with Blair.
"Okay, see you later." Rachel says.
"Bye Chloe." Blair says. I wave goodbye then head to my truck. It's a 40 minutes drive to the Airport so I should have about 20 minutes to just relax before I need to go on the hunt for the perfect ring.

I'm outside the terminal waiting for Dana. I start to see people coming out of the doors then eventually I see her. She runs up to me and gives me a hugs.
"Omg! I missed you." She says.
"Dana you literally saw me yesterday." I say and she releases her grip on me.
"Oh yeah." She says laughing and I laugh a little too.
"Right so, let's go." I say picking up her bags.
"Okay." She says happily.
"So are you hungry?" I ask while putting her bags in the back of the truck and getting in the drivers seat.
"Yeah a bit." She says as she climbs onto the passengers seat.
"Well let's go get some food then start shopping." I say as I start the truck and drive.
"Okay, where are we going?" Dana asks.
"Uhh, McDonald's?" I suggest.
"Sure." She says.

We've just finished eating and now we are on our way to the jewellers.
"So have you got any idea of what type or ring you're getting her?" Dana asks me.
"Why do you think I brought you along?" I ask laughing and she laughs too.
"Fair enough. I guess we will have to browse until we find the right one." Dana says as I pull up into the car park. We both get out of the truck and walk in. A man in his late 50s greets us.
"Hello, how can I help you lovely ladies?" He asks with a smile on his face.
"Hey, I'm actually looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend." I say walking up to the counter.
"How lovely." He says. "The engagement rings are just on your left and give me a shout if you need anything."
"Okay will do." I say and walk over to where the rings are with Dana following me.

It's been about 2 hours and we still haven't found the right one. There has been some beautiful rings but they aren't the one.
"This one?" Dana asks holding up a ring.
"Nope." I say turning around and looking at the bottom shelves. "Wait a second, Dana come here." I say waving her over. She comes over and bends down to look where I'm looking.
"Wow it's beautiful." She says and I pick it up and look at the tag.
"Sapphire and diamond ring." I say. "This is the one Dana I can feel it." I say facing her and she has the brightest smile on her face.
"She's going to love it." She says. I walk over to the counter where the man is standing.
"I'm going for this one." I say putting the ring on the counter.
"Great choice. That will be $1,000,000 please." He says with a smile on his face.
"Okay." I say pulling out my wallet. I get my card and use it then he puts the ring in a little box then a bag and hands it to me.
"Good luck." He says with a smile on his face.
"Thank you." I say taking the bag and heading out of the shop. Dana follows behinds me.
"Okay so what's the plan now?" Dana asks as we both get into the truck.
"Well you go to a hotel until tomorrow night. That's when I'm proposing. I will text you the details about it later. For now I will drop you off at the hotel and I'll leave the ring with you." I explain to her.
"Yeah okay." She says as I start the truck. The drive to the hotel was pretty boring. Dana wouldn't stop going on about how much she loves Rachel and I together and I kinda zoned out. I'm finally home now and tomorrow will be a stressful day but one of the best of my life.