Chapter 1

Chloe's POV

My plane just landed in California and I'm walking down a street. I don't exactly know where I am but I guess I will just look around. As I'm looking around I start to think about a lot of things. Why was I even in California? I know that she has probably forgotten about me, I mean it's been fucking 15 years. I see a car repair shop and look in the window. There is a sign saying 'Looking for new Employees'. 'Yes just what I need' I thought.

I walk into the shop and see a man, maybe in his late 20s. As I walk up to him I start to say "I see you're looking for new employees." He laughs a little then says.
"Yes I am are you interested?"
"I wouldn't have said that is I wasn't" I say jokingly.
"Well that's great, do you have experience with cars?"
"Yeah I have been working on them professionally for 15 years but I did a little work before that."
"Great." He says cheerfully "You're hired, I'm Oscar." He holds out his hand for me to shake. "Thank you Oscar, I'm Chloe." I say shaking his hand.

Rachel's POV

I'm at home making dinner while my husband, Hunter, sits on the couch watching TV our 12 year old daughter, Blair, storms in and goes upstairs to her room, slamming the door and starts to blast punk rock music. I giggle at how much she reminds me of someone I used to know.
"What are you laughing at?" He scoffs at me.
"Nothing important." I tell him turning off the stove and starting to make my way upstairs to Blair's room.

I knock lightly but loud enough for her to hear it. I hear the music turn down and footsteps coming towards the door. She opens the door and stares at me with an irritated look on her face.
"Can I help you?" She says with annoyance in her voice.
"Are you okay? Did something happen at school?" I ask in a worried tone.
"No nothing happened, I'm fine. Now leave." She says sternly. I laugh but try and cover it up with a cough.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Nothing, you just remind me of somebody I used to know. That's all, anyway are you joining us for dinner?" I ask
"Not tonight mom."
"Okay, I will leave a plate for when you get hungry." I smile at her then turn and head down the stairs to finish making dinner. When I am halfway downstairs I hear the music again and smile to myself.

I finish making dinner and set the table. Then I make 3 plates of food and put 2 of them at the table and the other on top of the microwave. Hunter and I eat dinner then watch a movie. Once it's over we go upstairs and get into bed. I read a few magazines then fall asleep and Hunter does some e-mails then falls asleep.

Hello, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please tell me what you thought of it. This is my first fanfic so I hope it was okay. Anyways thank you for reading it.