3

no one pov

it was quiet. the only sounds were the wind blowing by the moving truck. taehyung looked out the window, only to see fields. fields that seemed to go on forever. some could have found comfort in the long grass planes. but for taehyung, it was almost scary. not being able to see buildings, people, or cars. he could see the sky from where it met the ground all the way up to the clouds. it was a weird feeling for the young boy, and he didnt know if he liked it or not.

-

"we're almost in town." jin said. tae nodded as he finally saw some buildings. but not skyscrapers, or apartment buildings. they were small and dirty. almost like remodeled barns. these small buildings filled the sides of the small dirt road. mothers and their children walking next to the road. their wasnt even really a side walk. the two cousins drove in silence as tae observed the new world around him. he saw people smiling and laughing as they talked to others. they drove past little shops, feed stores, post office, and finally the grocery store..

if you could even call it that. it was maybe the size of three gas stations. it didnt even have a parking lot. so jin parked on the side of the road. "ok, you wanna come in?" jin asked with a smile. "yeah sure." tae responded trying to sound enthusiastic. jin smiled more at the response and opened the driver seat door.

after jin got out, tae opened his door and hopped out. he looked at his shoes making sure he didnt get his white converse dirty. with a sigh, he made it over to his cousin.

the two walked in the store and tae was bewildered. it was so small! how did this supply a whole town? whatever, i guess they get food sent in a lot then. tae followed jin like a lost puppy as he grabbed random food.

after jin was content with his choices, they made their way to the check out. "oh! hi jinnie!" the cash lady said. "hi ma'am, how are you today?" jin asked as he was placing food on the counter. "oh i'v been good, just a little busy today." then she turned her attention to the small boy next to jin. 

"oh! are you jin's cousin?" she asked the boy. "oh. yeah, im taehyung ma'am. nice to meet you." she smiled at the taehyung. "your from the city right?" tae nodded. "wow. thats so cool. i bet you have a lot to do over there hu?" tae just nodded at the nice woman.

thats one reason he didnt want to come to the country. they always act like being from the city, is the same as outerspace. like he's some cool alien specimen, and they need to ask him a whole bunch of obvious questions.

-

the woman finished bagging the food, and handed jin a receipt. "here you go dear. have a nice day." jin smiled. "you too! come on tae." the two boys waved to the woman, and made it to the truck.

after they set the groceries in the back, next to tae's bags, they started driving to the farm. "so... who lives with you again?" tae asked. "oh! yes. ok. so theres joonie, my husband. and then yoongi, he can get kinda moody when he's tired so just beware. but he's really nice, dont worry." tae nodded with a pout. his brain was thinking. thinking about jimin and hobi, about what they were doing, all the shopping they were doing, the movies they were watching.

he sighed, not going unnoticed by jin. "whats on your mind?" tae looked at his cousin, who was focused on the road. "oh nothing..just thinking.." jin nodded 

jin knew that his cousin didnt want to come and visit. every year he always asked, but always got a 'no' in response. so this year, he kinda forced the kid. he didnt loose help though, he promised that by the end, taehyung would be enjoying himself.

"dont worry taetae, im gonna make sure you have a good time." the older said with a determined smile. "..ok jin hyung." tae responded. the ash blond turned his attention back out the window, starring at the fields that they drove past.