Chapter 2

"Wallet, keys, phone, security badge..." Finn whispered to himself as he glanced over his reflection in the mirror with a satisfied smirk plastered across his face. The most ironic part was that Finn once was a shy and sweet little boy, but then he came out as gay at thirteen years old and life hit him like a ton of bricks. Though he hated every minute of growing up in a conservative suburb of Atlanta, Georgia; being forced to deal with snooty private school kids and homophobes alike shaped him into the cold hearted, bad-ass bitch he was today.

Finn put his AirPods in and turned on his walking playlist as he opened the front door of his apartment, shutting it and locking it with his keys. His gait confident and his leather dress shoes clicking against the pavement he made the short trek down towards the nearby Starbucks to get his usual iced coffee.

Finn groaned as he felt the music fade out, knowing all to well that someone was calling him. With a huff he pulled is phone out of his suit jacket pocket, staring at the word "Mother Dearest" across the top of the screen with the option to accept or decline the call.

"Ugh might as well." Finn mumbled to himself, swiping the green accept button. "Hello mother."

"Good morning sweetheart! How are you doin'?!" Finn's mom drawled with her endearing Southern accent. The funny thing about Finn and his family is that while in Georgia he always felt he didn't have an accent, but upon moving to DC for college he was reminded of it constantly; literally constantly. And the more time he spent closer of the Mason-Dixon line and out of the 'Deep South', the more he became hyperaware of any form of Southern twang he had.

"I'm doing great, mom. How are you?" Finn drawled in his usual disinterested tone as he continued down the sidewalk. Though most would find this rude and no way to speak to ones mother; everyone who got to know Finn rapidly realized that this was indeed his normal demeanor.

"I'm doing great, darling. Are you excited, sweetheart?! Your first day working with Wyatt!" Finn's mom squealed excitedly, making Finn roll his eyes so hard one might fear for them rolling clear out of his head. "Don't you dare roll your eyes at me young man." Finn's mother knew Finn and his older brother Aidan better than the boys even knew themselves.

"You know me too well." Finn chuckled, shaking his head in amusement.

"Tell Wyatt I said hello, He's such a sweet and handsome young man. He said he'll take good care of you." Finn's mom said sweetly, earning her a scoff from her son.

"People like him think taking care of people like me is sending us to a camp to pray away the gay." Finn countered sassily, watching as the man next to him turned around to glare at him judgingly. "Can I help you, sir?" Finn sassed the man threateningly, watching with a smug look about him as the man turned around, clearly intimidated by the handsome dark haired boy. Finn had that effect about him; he was gorgeous, perfect, attractive, witty, and if prompted; fucking terrifying.

"You going for one of your iced coffees sweetheart?" Finn heard the his mother's warm voice beckoning him as he shifted his attention back to their conversation. "You know you should eat a balanced breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Yeah, I'm walking to Starbucks as we speak." Finn cut off his mother's usual maternal and often overbearing monologue about how he should eat more.

"It's not far is it, honey?" His mother asked concernedly. She always feared for him going to the big city filled with strangers, crime, etc. If only she knew that her little Finny often met complete strangers off of random apps to have meaningless sex with without a second thought.

"It's about five minutes away for me, so probably ten minutes for straight people." Finn shrugged as he approached the Starbucks door, reaching over to open the door. "ActuallyMom, Can I like, call you back? I just got to Starbucks and Kenya's here."