Chapter 17

"YOU WHAT?!" Kenya whispered yelled scandalously as they both sat in Finn's bedroom. "OH MY GOD YOU LITTLE HOMEWRECKER."

It had been a week since Finn and Wyatt had sex and to say things were awkward between them would have been an understatement. All week Finn did everything in his power to continue to avoid Wyatt, and much to his satisfaction the handsome taller man didn't seem to be making any effort to get him to open up like he usually did. Finn hoped and prayed that Wyatt had blacked out from all the tequila and didn't remember; hanging on by his last sinew of hope until proven otherwise.

"SHHH." Finn hushed her, glancing over his shoulder to ensure the door was locked and nobody could possibly hear what they said. "I don't know, Kenya! I just... He's so hot and he said things that made me feel all tingly and I don't know I just kind of... Gave in..."

"How was it...?" Kenya asked suggestively, as the smaller boy groaned in despair from all his muddled up emotions.

"Do you remember how you'd always tell me that sex was supposed to be this emotional experience and I told you you were insane." Finn asked, earning him a nod form the dark haired girl. "Yeah so... For the first time I actually understand what you mean...For the first time sex actually meant something..."

"God Finn... He has a whole ass fiancée..." Kenya grimaced as she massaged her temples. "Have you talked to him about it?"

"Yeah, ABSOLUTELY not." Finn rolled his eyes as he got continued folding a few t-shirts and stuffing them into a rolling suitcase. "I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember because he was drunk off his ass..."

"That honestly might be for the best..." Kenya admitted, earning her a nod in agreement from the dark haired boy.

And now, lucky me! I'm stuck in a car with him for eight hours." Finn playfully fake whined childishly as he neatly tucked the rest of his belongings into a suitcase.

"Oh God, why?" Kenya narrowed her gaze at him in shock. "I thought you were driving on your own..."

"He told me we were driving together." Finn muttered bitterly out the side of his mouth. "Something about carpooling to save the planet." It was Fourth of July weekend and as per family tradition, the Callaghans would be convening once again on the Montgomery family's 'farm' in Savannah. Though Finn usually drove himself down, since it was the first time that he and Wyatt were both in the city since taking office, Wyatt insisted they go together.

"He's a Republican... Don't they not believe in climate change..." Kenya mumbled with all the judgement in the world.

"I mean he's voted with the rest of the Republicans against literally every piece of climate legislation since taking office so... I thought so." Finn groaned at the thought that people actually denied that global warming was real. "I just want to know what he's playing at. Like he's literally engaged to a girl, suddenly we have sex and he's alluding to climate change being real."

"Listen, Finn. Babe. We're unnaturally similar." Kenya admitted, knowing full well this piece of advice she was about to drop was likely going to go unheeded. "I know you've always had a thing for him, but just pray he doesn't remember. After everything that happened because with Gr- "

"I know Ken." Finn cut her off knowing he didn't want that sentence to finish. He silently zipped up his suitcase, feeling that indelible sensation of anxious butteries in his stomach; The idea of being stuck in a car with Wyatt after their steamy night together being the sole driving force of his anxiety. Finn was suddenly drawn out of deep thought as he heard his phone vibrating on his bedside table, glancing over to see Wyatt calling him.

"Speak of the devil..." He muttered to with a stressed sigh; meeting eyes with a sympathetic and slightly concerned looking Kenya who got up to give him a goodbye hug before he grabbed his belongings and made his way out of the apartment building.