Chapter 12

"I don't want to do thissss...." Finn whined as he banged his head repeatedly into the steering wheel. "This is sooo fucking weird.

"Just be a big boy and go pick it up." Kenya glared at her dark haired friend form the passenger seat as he stared up wearily at the storefront they were parked directly adjacent.

"Why are we here?" Kaitlyn asked confusedly as she glanced up at the large pink letters across the front that said "Victoria's Secret" in large letters.

"Wyatt is making me pick up the lingerie he ordered for his and Kayleigh's anniversary." Finn groaned pathetically, as Kenya stifled a giggle; they were the best of friends, but the kind that loved harmlessly teasing each other at their emotional low points.

"That's a really raunchy gift for people waiting until marriage..." Drawled Sarah, judgment practically dripping from her tone.

"Sarah, sweetie. We've been through this." Finn raised his glare up to the rear view mirror to meet eyes with her in the backseat. "They're not actually waiting until marriage."

"Why can't he pick up his own damn gift." Kenya asked pointedly.

"Because he's a sadistic bastard that wants to torture me and push the heteronormative cishet agenda on me." Finn replied snarkily. "God I don't want to do this." He drawled, giving his friend the puppy dog eyes in hopes one of them would break and go in for him to pick up whatever the hell it was Wyatt had ordered for Kayleigh.

It had been a month since Finn had started working for Wyatt, and though Finn secretly loved that they were now more comfortable with each other; this was one of the errands that he felt crossed the line. Though Finn felt like Wyatt treated him more like a friend and brother than an employee, it didn't change the fact that Wyatt was one of the people who made him feel like his sexuality made less than a person; like he was some sort of freak that didn't deserve to be treated with basic human dignity.

"I can go if you'd like..." Sarah said sweetly, earning her a glare form Kenya.

"No the hell you wont." Kenya snapped at her. "Finn's a big boy. He can go into Victoria's Secret all by himself and buy lingerie." She cut up halfway through her little spiel, unable to hide the fact she found all this fucking hilarious.

"Fine... I hate all y'all by the way." Finn rolled his eyes as he grudgingly, undoing his seatbelt as he pulled himself out of the car and trudge through the entrance of the store.

He could feel the eyes of many of the girls working in the store, silently judging him from afar and exchanging glances with each other before staring back at the random dark haired boy who nervously stumbled into a Victoria Secret.

"Um... Hi there. I um... I'm here to pick up an online order for Montgomery." Finn stammered awkwardly, his cheeks flushing bright red as the lady at the front counter smiled at him.

"An order for the wife?" Said the sweet woman at the counter who looked to be a suburban Virginia mom, complete with an endearing Southern accent and all.

"No, god no! I'm um, gay." Finn stammered, instantly regretting telling this woman he was gay; you never know what you get with some suburban Southerners in terms of covert homophobia.

"Oh! Wow, I love gay people, my nephew is gay, he went to Georgetown too. You might know him!" The woman squealed excitedly with her endearing southern drawl, gesturing towards Finn's Georgetown tank top before she bent down to pick up a striped pink Victoria Secret shopping bag with an online order receipt stapled onto the side.. "So is this for you then?"

"Noooo nononono, it's a gift for my boss' fiancée." Finn explained shakily, though he didn't know why he felt so uncomfortable in this situation. "NOT FROM ME THOUGH, it's from him, for her. He um.. He order-."