Chapter 13

"Honestly, I'm surprised." Kenya said as she stepped forward in line at the Starbucks by the Capitol Building. "Two months of dealing with you and Congressman Sexy's hairline hasn't receded yet."

"We still have a month left, don't count me out yet." Finn joked as he scrolled through his work emails, tapping his foot impatiently.

"I'm proud of you. I mean I know can be professional and mature, but it's also Wyatt Montgomery. I honestly thought you'd have him in therapy by now given how you've told me your other interactions have gone." Kenya shot Finn a knowing glance.

"Hey! We don't know that he isn't in therapy, in all fairness." Finn waved her off in jest. "Also what makes you think I'm being professional or mature?!" He asked with one of his signature sassy smirks. "I'll have you know I terrorize Wyatt Montgomery plenty within the confines of his office."

"Ooo Kinky." Teased Kenya, earning her a disapproving scowl from the dark haired boy.

"Eww not like that." Muttered Finn. "I just like messing with him, he just sits there and takes it silently."

"I don't think verbally bullying your boss and a sitting US Congressman is a good idea, but hey, that's just me." Kenya sassed him with a shrug.

"It's Wyatt, he's used to it. We fight, we... well mostly we fight but it's all harmless fun." Finn defended himself matter-of-factly.

"You do you, babe. But just... I don't know just because he's silent doesn't mean it's not getting to him." Kenya provided some of her usual sage advice, prompting Finn to groan as he usually did. "Imagine if you worked with someone who constantly made jabs at your beliefs and teased you. Sure you don't do it in front of any other employees, but... Maybe lay off a bit?"

"Fine, I'll think about it." Finn said with a shrug as Kenya rolled her eyes knowing full well Finn wasn't going to think about it; she often knew him better than he knew himself. "I gotta go give the Congressman his coffee and schedule for the day. You still down to go out sometime this weekend?"

"Yeah! Definitely. I might not be down for anything too crazy, maybe like a beer at a chill bar." Kenya replied with a huff.

"Honestly same, these intelligence committee hearings are killing me. I'll see you back at home for dinner?" Finn admitted.

"I might have plans...." Kenya grimaced, watching as Finn shot her a knowing glance.

"Sarah's turn to cook again?" Finn chuckled, shaking his head at the dark haired girl. "Fine, can't say I blame you after the chicken last week."

"Who the fuck boils chicken like that?! That too with NO SEASONING?! Like WHAT WAS THAT?!" Kenya ranted wide eyed, still shocked by how utterly terrible their roommate's cooking was. It was always torture to eat whatever they

"Maybe that's what they eat in Idaho." Finn chuckled sassily, bidding his friend goodbye and sauntering off towards his office.

Within the past two months of Finn working under Wyatt, their dynamic slowly and surely evolved to where it was today. At first they were awkward, Wyatt occasionally teasing Finn and trying to break down his walls. With time Finn got comfortable; and unfortunately for many, a comfortable Finn isn't for the faint at heart. When anyone was around, Finn was the picture of professionalism; but behind closed doors it was open season.

"Good morning." Wyatt smiled mutedly as he watched Finn saunter into his private office, shutting the door behind him. That click made Wyatt's heart ache a little within his chest; the click of the door meaning he was in his own personal hell.