Prologue

23rd October 1990
New York.

Fiona had just left the office, all She just wanted was to retire to bed. Her mind had been wandering all day long and to top it off, all of her thoughts had revolved around her high school lover whom she had her son Nicholas for. He hadn't been in the picture since he heard she had been pregnant, but somehow she couldn't help but wonder if he wanted to be in their lives. But for his mother who married him off to a Princess in India for the sake of business. 'Rich people problems' she thought as she stepped outside the building.

She had been swinging her bag while humming her favourite song hoping things get better someday. Her 9-5 job wasn't exactly the best but she was grateful for it, at least it fed her son Nick (as she liked to call him) thrice a week while he got the rest weeks' meal from her friend Catherine. She was really grateful for Catherine- the midwife who stayed in the house next to hers- except that she had a loose mouth.

She had passed by the bar and took one glance at it again taking a step back deciding whether to have a drink or not, she hadn't done that in so long, not since she had Nick. She wanted to cool off. It was loud and the smell of cigarette was all over the place. She managed to get through the crowd of people dancing, oozing off alcohol, smoke and one other smell that was really offensive. It smelled like sweat mixed with perfume. Disgusting she thought.

"Can I have a glass of whatever strong thing you have?" She asked and her shoulders dropped she just wanted to feel something to take away all of this sadness about her high school lover; stress, anger and whatever bad energy was inside.

"Thank you," she said and the barman nodded.

She had the first glass and damn it tastes so strong and was hitting the right buttons so she got the second one. 'Its just two glasses' she reminded herself.

She kept staring at the cup and figured it was hitting the right buttons and then she asked for a third and a fourth one. On finishing what was left in the fourth glass, a handsome young man who seemed to be in his 30s approached her. She could have sworn she saw Leo, her high school lover and she immediately swung her hands on his shoulder ranting about how he left her with a son without a goodbye. She had cried bitterly and was now getting the attention of those around them.

"Hi, I'm Leo your baby daddy and you are?" Edward said drunk bowing.

Fiona, she squealed and they both laughed.

"Shall we"? Edward asked holding out his hand and she followed.

"Wait! I forgot my bag" she said and turned around to get her bag while they still held hands.

Both of them drunk were led to Edwards Hotel room which was a few steps away from the bar. They had started to make out from the elevator and then they went straight to bed and the rest you know is history.