Deeper

- Heh, uh don't hate me... I'm sorry about never updating this book I just been more interested, and writing my Sonic stories, I got a sequel and a remaster version if the first one to make. But, yet this book gets the most attention. Probably cause no one else has done a Reaper story. But I am going to maybe skip some parts when I am just feeling lazy, such as finding fragments. But I am going to try and finish this then probably get back to my Sonic stuff. Your Welcome.-

After night fall, both me and Ryely spent all night building a base. Almost immediately putting bed in them to sleep the night away.

We also constructed loads of equipment such as the fabricator, radio, the usual. Along with my touch of homly decorating touch, just to make it feel more homly.

Other wise having a permanent home here now, we both knew we had to go out, and go deeper. As if last night wasn't enough with that wild Reaper. Speaking of Reaper, he was swimming around more to the wider areas of the shallows, smacking on the small fish that so happen to swim in his face.

Thankfully, he hasn't sustain any injuries from the other Reaper from last night. But, I know well that he won't be able to fight everything we come across forever. We had to be careful if other creature, bigger existing and try not to get its attention.

But I'm not sure how far down Reaper was willing to go with us. I'm not sure he would come out unscathed if another clash was to happen, with something bigger.

I guess that means the deeper we go, the more careful I would have to be with Reaper around other size leviathans. If they exist that is.

"Well... Its that time again." Ryely said in a unamused, disappointed tone. His hands in his hips.

"Resource collecting again?" I asked, he slowly nodded staring down at the floor. Yay, even though we had to do this quite a lot, at least once a day.

"Well, you best get that Seamoth of yours set up, and this time. For the love of god, make sure that the power cell is fully charged." I said, he only chuckled quietly at that.

--- A few minutes later ---

I was on Reaper, as the three of us were swimming, or riding out into the red grass biome, spotting Reefbacks, Sandsharks, and other small alien fish. Not the firdt time we came here, Ryley and I flipped when we first saw a Reefback. Until we learned they were a hundred percent docile, like whales.

We reached an area that looked like a deep, large cave system. Ryely took his Seamoth, while I had to bail Reaper again, hopefully this time he won't suddenly disappear out of no where.

We went down, and the cave was filled with strange, large glowing pinkish mushrooms. With long snake, striped like creatures swimming about around them, some diving into the mushrooms. Looks like these were ambush predators, if they are.

We both swam around, collecting resources we came across. Avoiding the worm creatures, as well kept going further into the cave system.

Until we found something shocking. "Wait! Hold on! Is that a base?" I called out to Ryely. He shined the Seamoths lights revealing a old, rusted base. Out of all places, who ever settled here, chose here.

And I thought I was crazy for liking, and even befriending a Reaper.

We got closer to the base, the both of us entering from a broke hatch, as we made our way into the base. Finding scannables, items, PDAs, and other items left behind.

Apparently this was a base from the remaining Degasi crew. The captain, his son, and a payed mercenary it sounds like.

"Well... Seems like we at least completed one mission." Ryely said, having one of the PDAs in his hands.

"Yeah... If we survive this flooded planet that is." I said.

"It cant be all that hard, after all if we gent the right components, and resources. We can have many defense systems on the Seamoth. But, then again..." He went on, until he realized.

"Yeah, I don't think I am ditching Reaper anytime soon." I said.

"Besides, he saved us too many times, and I dont think he is willing to leave either. Besides, he can be a great assest for killing any other leviathans that want to fight." I said.

"Unless they are bigger, and have way more teeth, or other ways to cause harm." Ryely said.

"Don't get me thinking." I said.

After a while of searching around more, we got everything we could, and took off back to Red Grass.

We came up from the hole, that lead to the Mushroom Cove, to be met with a circling Reaper. Our Reaper of course, no other Reaper would go out from the Aurora, or Dunes. And we only found the Dunes on accident when the computer said:

'Detecting multiple leviathan class lifeforms, are you sure what ever you are doing is worth it?'

I had to admit, not only was it a big NOPE. But it was kind of funny how the computer said that last part.

I got on Reaper, as we headed back to base. Apparently Ryely had an idea for making a Cyclops.

Which was a bad idea, at least for going deeper, which is what we have to do. But not in small trenches. I dont know why, but Ryely said something about us having too, for some reason. He said he had some vision, of some... Four bright glowing blue eyed creature, a female one at that.

He said something about it being curious about what he was, and it's what we seek, and it wants to help us. With what? How would I know? But I think Ryely is hiding something from me, I'm not sure what, but I wouldn't push it. Its probably best not knowing anyway.

But him, and these visions with this... Supposedly telepathic, creature has me concerned. I said I believe him when he told me about it, but... Well I just think he been around too many acid mushrooms, or some aline diseases. Pray it isnt contagious, and every creature, including us can catch it.

But, then again how would I know? He's the one with all these crazy, lucid visions with a telepathic leviathan thats at the very bottom of this ocean. And he does take most of the PDAs, I really don't mind it, I can hear most of them anyway.

But still, he is ridiculously tempted to go down, who knows how many yards, feet, inches whatever underwater. Maybe if I told him I had a fear of the deeper parts of the ocean would convince him to leave me here in the shallows, kelp forest, red grass, mushroom forest, bulbis, floating islands, and the mountain zones.

... Nah, I don't think that work. Not only that, I can't leave my only human friend, boss, and survivor buddy to die to some other leviathan. Besides, we went all most everywhere else, like the mountains, floating islands, bulbis, around the Aurora,  mushroom forest and cove. And those places are at lease to six hundred depth, I think.

So there goes that idea... But really, I'm concerned about him, and for Reapers life to. I dont want my bes test human friend, or my bestest leviathan friends life taken from some other horrid, leviathan.

Especially when one is coxing us to its lair.