One

Lin

I knocked on the door of Tenzin's home. "Who goes there!" I heard a boys voice. "Meelo, let me in." I said. "What's the magic word?" Meelo said. "Meelo." I said a bit more sternly. "Nope!" He said. "Meelo, it's Chief Beifong, let her in." I heard. The door opened and two of the three Airbender kids stood before me. "Thank you, Jinora. Where's you're father?" I asked. "He's out back with Korra." Jinora said. "Thank you." I walked through the house, heading out back when Pema stopped me. "Oh, Lin! Hey, do you mind helping me?" She asked. She struggled to get something from the top shelf. She was pregnant. I let out a sigh. I walked over, and used my metal cable from my uniform to grab the item. I handed it to her. "Thank you, Lin." She smiled. I walked to the backyard. "Be the leaf!" I heard Meelo yelling. I saw The Avatar get flung out of the spinning doors, and landing on her back. It brought a small smile to my face, but I quickly wiped it away before anyone could see. "Looks like The Avatar's got that one down." I said sarcastically. "I've done it before, I can do it again. I don't see why I have such a problem now." Korra stood up and went back into the doors. "Lin, how nice it is to see you." Tenzin said. "Sure. Although, I wish it were under better circumstances." I said. "Is everything alright?" Tenzin asked. "We just busted Cabbage Corp. We were given an anonymous tip that they were manufacturing weapons for the Equalists. My fellow officers and I found weapons, along with hundreds of flyers and posters with Amon's face on them." I said. "Cabbage Corp. was working with Amon?" Korra stopped in the middle of the doors, resulting in her being thrown out of them again. "Yes." I said. "Big industries are starting to get involved with the Equalist's. In order to win this, we might need more people on our side." Tenzin said. "Who did you have in mind?" Korra asked. Tenzin walked inside, ignoring Korra's question.

As I was getting ready to leave the island, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Lin," I turned around to see Tenzin. "Yes?" I asked. "Will you go to the South Pole with Korra, Pema, the kids, and I?" He asked. "Why would you need me?" I asked. "We all could use some more company." Tenzin said. "Take Korra's friends." I started walking away again. "Lin, please?" Tenzin said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Fine." I said. "Thank you, Lin." Tenzin said. I helped pull Pema up onto Oogie while everyone else climbed on. "Chief Beifong's going with us?" Bolin asked. "Believe me, I didn't want me going either." I said. "No, no I- I didn't mean it like that I meant-" Bolin let out a flustered sigh. "Oogie, yip yip." Tenzin said. Korra and Mako were sitting next to each other, laughing at everything the other said. When will those two idiots realize they like each other? "I talked to Tenzin, and he said that you guys could stay on Air Temple Island for as long as you need, since you guys got kicked out of your apartment." Korra said. "Thanks Korra, but-" "Asami already invited us to stay in her dad's big mansion with her." Bolin cut Mako off. "Oh." Korra sounded upset. "Sorry, Korra." Mako said. "It's cool. Who wouldn't wanna stay in a mansion?" Korra forced a laugh.

We landed at the South Pole and everyone hopped off of Oogie. "Gran gran!" The kids jumped onto Tenzin's mother. "Lin, it's so lovely to see you." She walked towards me and went in for a hug. I backed away a little bit. "No hugs?" She asked. I politely shook my head no. "You really are just like your mother." She joked. "Please, don't insult me like that, Katara." I said with a smirk. "I assume you got my message, mother?" Tenzin asked. "Yes, I did." Katara said. "Are they here-" "Oh sweet little brother of mine!" Tenzin was brought down with an arm around his neck. "Ah- Bumi, please! Act a little more mature." Tenzin got out of the grip of his older brother. Katara laughed at the two. "Kya? Is she here too?" Tenzin asked. "Right here." Kya walked out of the hut. I turned to face her. Once she saw me she smiled. "Lin!" She came towards me. I gasped when she pulled me into a hug. "Hi, Kya." I hugged her back. "It's so nice to see you." She said. "You too." I said. I looked over and saw everyone looking at me with shocked expressions on their faces. "What? I can be affectionate." I crossed my arms. "This is who you were talking about? Your siblings?" Korra asked. Tenzin nodded his head. "Bumi was commander of the second division of the United Forces." Tenzin said. "And Kya?" Korra asked. "Though Kya has never fought in a war or battle, or been a part in world.. complications.. I believe she'll make a great asset against those chi blockers." Tenzin said. "Oh, I'll make a great asset alright." Kya bent water up to Tenzin's face, getting him wet. She put her arm on my shoulder and laughed. I cracked a smile. "I-" Tenzin scoffed "You guys are children!" He said. "Hey, you asked for it." Kya said. Everybody laughed at her smart remarks against her younger brother.

I was getting ready to head to bed in my small hut, when someone knocked on the door. I scoffed. "Who could possibly be at my door and- Oh, hi, Kya." I opened the door. "Hey, Lin." She said. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "I just swung by to-" She took a second to look at my attire. "Are you going to bed?" She asked. "Well, I was trying." I said. "There is no chance in hell, you're going to bed this early." Kya smiled. "Early? It's nine o'clock at night." I said. "Yeah.. Early." Kya said again. "Come on, Chief Beifong. Get dressed. There's a nice little pub just across town." Kya said. "Kya, I don't think I should drink-" "Come on, it'll be fun." Kya threw her arms around my shoulders. "Really?" I raised an eyebrow. I kept my arms folded in front of my chest. "Yes, Lin. Come on. You sound like you haven't had a good night in a while." Kya said. "Please?" She tightened her grip around my neck. I could feel myself becoming flustered.. blushing, even. "Ugh, fine!" I scoffed. "But would you get off me?" I lightly pushed her away. "That's the spirit, Beifong." She smiled at me. I bent my uniform back onto my body. "Let's go. The sooner we get there, the sooner I can leave." I said as we walked out the door. "Don't be a bummer, Lin, you'll have fun." She wrapped her arm around mine.

I sat at the bar, downing drinks faster than they came. "Hey there beautiful." I felt someone throw his arm around me. I was going to pushed them away.. possibly throw a few rocks, when I realized it was just Bumi. A highly intoxicated Bumi. "So, you're an earth bender?" He slurred his words. "Well, you know, I'm named after an earth bending king." He got close to my face. "Yes, Bumi, I know. We grew up together." I said. "Bumi! What're you doing?" Kya came up to us. "Stop bothering Lin before she throws you threw the roof." Kya said. "You know where to find me." He winked at me before walking away. "I can handle myself. He was no bother." I said, finishing another drink. "Really? No bother?" She laughed a bit. Kya threw her arm around me and got in my face, just like Bumi did. "This is no bother?" She asked. My face went red again. I looked away from her, then I felt her hand on my thigh. "Jeez, Kya, get ahold of yourself. You're just as drunk as your brother." I pushed her away when I felt my heart race. "Ease up, Beifong, I was just joking around." Kya said. "Yeah, well, I should go back to the hut. And so should you, we're leaving early in the morning." I got up from my stool after downing my final drink. "Let me walk you home." Kya said. "That won't be necessary. I can handle myself. "Okay then how about you walk me home? You said it yourself, in about as drunk as my brother." Kya laughed. I let out a large sigh. "Fine. Come on." I walked out the door after paying for my drinks and Kya followed. "What's your deal, Lin? I mean, at first you were happy to see me, and now you seem so upset with me." She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "I'm not upset with you, Kya. I just don't like going out like you do." I said. "You could've just said that." Kya said. "Let's just get you to bed." I grabbed her hand and pulled her along with me.