Five

Lin

     I moved my head around, keeping my eyes closed. I felt water all of over my body. I opened my eyes a little bit. I saw I was sitting in my bath tub, full of water, in my bra and underwear. The water was glowing. I opened my eyes more and saw Kya kneeling by the tub. "Kya!" I jumped up. The pain shot through my shoulder. I held my harm. "Shh, lay back, Lin." Kya laid me back. "Kya, what're you doing?" I asked with an attitude. "You got electrocuted in your arm. You passed out in the airship, so I brought you here to heal you." Kya said. I pushed Kya back and got out of the bathtub. "Lin, I'm not done healing you." She said. "I don't need a healer." I wrapped a towel around me, ignoring the pain in my arm. "Yes you do. You're clearly in a lot of pain. You may have been shocked in the arm, but the electricity went through your entire body." Kya walked towards me. "Get away from me!" I pushed her away. "What is your problem!?" Kya said loudly. "You are! I don't need your stupid healing, Kya! And I don't need you, coming into my house, stripping my clothes off and putting me in the bath tub!" I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. Kya followed me. "I don't understand why I'm the problem, Lin, I've never done anything to you! I'm sorry for trying to make you feel better after you got electrocuted-" "Just shut the hell up, Kya!" I yelled. Kya took a deep breath. "What is wrong with you, Lin? Why are you so mean, and bitter?" Kya asked. I looked away from her. "How come one minute, you're talking to me perfectly fine, and you're nice to me, and the next minute you're.. you're-" "I'm what, Kya?" I asked. "You're a complete bitch!" Kya said. I didn't say anything, I just looked away from her.

     She walked towards me and put her hand on my arm. She looked at me with curiosity when I tensed up. "And why do you become tense everytime I get anywhere near you?" Kya said. "That's none of your-" "None of my business? Well, it became my business when you started yelling at me." Kya said. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands. "Whats wrong with you, Lin?" Kya sat next to me and put her arm around my waist. "N-nothing." I looked away from her. "Is your face getting red?" Kya said with a chuckle. "No." I said sternly. She brought her hand up to my face and made me look at her. I felt my heart race. "It is." She laughed at me. "Stop laughing at me." I pushed her away harshly. "I can't believe Chief Beifong is blushing. "Shut up, Kya." I said. "Lin." Kya said. "What?" I said. "Look at me." She put her hand to my face again. "Nevermind." Kya turned away.

     I got dressed and walked into the kitchen, where Kya was sitting. "Are you hungry, Kya? I could make something." I said. "I'm okay." Kya said. I got a cup and some water. I sat down at the table.  "You know, I really like seeing you in that white tank top. Have you been working out more, by the way?" Kya smirked. I choked a bit on my water. "What?" I said, wide eyed. Kya just laughed. I sat in the chair, flustered, not knowing what to say. "Ease up, Lin." Kya said. "I'm very eased up." I lied. I was still in so much pain. "How's your arm?" Kya asked. "It's fine." I said. "Lin, don't lie to me." Kya said. "Okay, it hurts like a bitch. I should've been more aware of my surroundings. My mom taught me seismic sense for a reason. I can't believe I was so stupid that I-" "Lin, it's not your fault. He came out of no where." Kya said. "You even tried to warn me." I said. "That doesn't make you stupid." Kya said. We sat there in silence for a few minutes. "I'm sorry for flipping out on you earlier. I know you were just trying to help." I said. "Yeah, you were kinda being a little over dramatic." Kya joked. "I was just embarrassed." I looked away from her. "Why?" Kya chuckled. "Because I woke up.. almost naked, and there you were." I said. Kya didn't say anything. "Lin," she said. "Let me continue to heal you." Kya said. "It'll heal on its own-" "But it won't heal properly not like it will if a healer does it." Kya said. I let out a sigh. "Fine." I said.

     Kya and I walked back into the bathroom. I went to take my clothes off when I stopped. I realized Kya was looking at me. I looked over at her. "S-Sorry, Lin. I didn't mean to stare." Kya looked down. "It's okay." I said. I took my clothes off. "Here, let me help you." Kya helped me down into the tub. She started healing me, focusing mostly on my arm. "Thank you for letting me heal you." Kya said. "How are the others?" I asked. "Korra, Bumi, and Tenzin have a few bruises. But none of them got electrocuted. They'll be okay." Kya said. "All my officers." I said. "They'll be alright, Lin. We'll find them." Kya said. "But they'll lose their bending before we do." I said. I laid my head back and watched Kya's face as she healed me. "They'll be alright. They've had an amazing Chief their entire careers." Kya smiled at me. "You're an amazing Chief, Lin. And an amazing person." She said. I took a deep breath. I raised my arm and placed my hand on the back of Kya's head. "Lin, what're you-" I leaned up and pulled Kya into a kiss. She was shocked at first, but slowly leaned into it. I sat up completely and put my other hand on the side of her face. I wrapped my arms around her neck. I realized I was getting water all over her. I don't think she cared though. I got up on my knees, and Kya moved her hands to my sides. "Is this why you've been acting so weird with me?" Kya smiled at me. I chuckled a bit. I looked down at her. "You have water all over your clothes." I said. "I guess I'll just have to take them off." Kya said. "Why don't you just bend the water out and-" "Lin, really?" Kya raised an eyebrow at me. "Oohh." I realized what she had meant. Kya giggled. "I'll leave you be so you can get out and dry off." Kya stood up. She opened the door and winked at me before walking out.

     I sat next to Kya on the couch. She was leaning back, while I was sitting straight up. "Lin, relax." She said. "I am relaxed." I said. She raised her eyebrows at me. "That is not how you relax." Kya said. "I am perfectly relaxed-" Kya grabbed my hand and pulled me down onto her. "Kya-" "Shut up, and relax." She wrapped her arm around me. "You sure do tell me to shut up a lot." I said. My head was laying on her chest, rising and falling when she breathed. It was comforting. "Thank you." I said to her as I closed my eyes. "For what?" Kya asked. "For healing me, for making me talk about stuff when I'm mad," I leaned up and looked at her. "For not rejecting me." I said quietly. "Why would I reject you?" Kya chuckled. "Well, Tenzin left me for someone sixteen years younger than me." I said. "Tenzin's an idiot too." Kya said. I rearranged myself on top of her. My legs were on either side of her body. "Tenzin didn't want me anymore because I was too-" Kya leaned in and kissed me. "I'm..not Tenzin." She said. "I um.. I don't know what to say." I said. "Don't say anything." Kya said. She cupped my face with her hands and kissed me again. "I like you, Kya." I said in between the kiss. "I can tell." She giggled. The kiss quickly became heated as we moved from the couch to my bedroom. Kya pulled my tank top off and kissed from my neck to my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair, and enjoyed her lips on my skin.