Ten

Kya

     "Whatever happens to me, don't turn back!" Lin yelled. "Lin, what are you doing!?" Tenzin said. Lin went to jump but I grabbed her hand. "Please, Lin. Don't." Tears filled my eyes. Lin brought her hand up and cupped my cheek before pulling me into a deep kiss. She knew everyone was watching us, she didn't care. "I love you." Lin said. She kissed me again before she fell back. Her hand slipped out of mine and tears rolled down my cheeks. We watched as she took out the first airship, then jumped to the second one. She was electrocuted. "Lin!" I yelled out. The second airship turned around and headed back to Air Temple Island. I dropped to my knees and held my face in my hands as I cried. "That lady is my hero." Meelo said. "Yes, she is." Tenzin said. Bumi sat next to me and pulled me into his chest, trying to comfort me the best he could. Before I knew what was happening, Oogie was swerving all over the sky. Another airship was in front of us. The airship shot out a net at us, but Oogie dodged it. "Go, Oogie!" Tenzin yelled. But we couldn't get away. They shot another net, then another, then another. They had caught us.

     "Amon will love this." One of the Equalists said, look down at us in chains. "You! Are you a bender?" One of them pointed a metal rod at Pema, who was holding Rohan. "No! Leave her, my son, and my brother alone! They aren't benders." Tenzin yelled. "And you?" He pointed to me. I didn't answer him. I just looked down. "Hey, I'm speaking to you!" He grabbed my face harshly and made me look at him. "Take these chains off and find out." I said. My face was still stained with tears. He looked at my clothes, then back at me. "You're a water bender. Amon will deal with you later." He said. He let go of my face and backed away. "These four are the ones Amon wants for the show later." He said to another Equalist, referring to Tenzin and the kids. "Leave my children out of this! They've done nothing wrong-" Tenzin was hit in the face with the metal rod. "Take these four to the prison," he pointed at Pema, Rohan, Bumi, and I. "I'll take these guys to Amon." He said.

     It had been a few days since they put us all in the cell. The air was dry. They made sure I couldn't bend any water. I sat on the ground and leaned against the back wall. "Could I please get some water, my baby is thirsty." Pema said. The guard glared at me before turning back to Pema. "Not until Amon takes her bending." The guard said. "I'm not gonna bed the damn water, just let my nephew have something to drink." In all honesty, I think I was too weak to bend. My heart ached for what may have happened to Lin. They gave Pema and Rohan water. "Here's another." Someone approached the door. The door opened and they threw someone inside. I stared at the ground until Pema said something. "Oh my spirits! Lin!" She said. My head shot up and I rushed over to Lin, who was currently unconscious. I picked her up by her shoulders and dragged her over to where I was sitting. I laid her head in my lap. She had a huge cut on her forehead. "Kya," Bumi pushed the small cup of water over to me. "Heal her." He said. "Bumi, if they see me bending, they'll send me to Amon immediately. "Who said they'd see you?" Pema said. She stood up with Rohan and walked towards the door. "Excuse me, do you happen to have any more diapers?" She asked, keeping them distracted. I discreetly bent the water out of the cup and used it on Lin's head. I healed the gash on her forehead. I put the water back in the cup when Lin started to wake up. She let out a large groan, catching Pena's attention. "Actually, I think it was just a false alarm." Pema said. She came back over and sat near me. "Lin?" I said. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She gave me a weak smile. I pulled her into and hugged her tight. "Kya," Lin sat up a a bit. "You're alright!" I hugged her again. "You guys didn't get away.." Lin sounded defeated. "No.. we didn't." Pema said. "Where's Tenzin? And the kids?" Lin said. "They took them somewhere else. They said Amon wanted them for a show." I said.

     Lin sat next to me and stared at the ground. "Lin?" I said quietly to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. She held her hand in front of her and made a fist. After a couples seconds she released it, almost as if she was stretching her fingers. "He took my bending." She said quietly. "Lin I-.. I'm sorry." Kya said. Lin didn't say anything else. Instead, she threw herself into my chest and cried. "I shouldn't have jumped, Kya. I should've stayed with you guys, maybe then you would've gotten away." Lin said. I ran my fingers through her hair while I hugged her. "I was so scared." Lin said. I was kind of shocked. I think Pema and Bumi were too. Lin isn't scared of anything. Or anyone. "I was terrified he was gonna kill me. Or kill you. I wanted to see you again, Kya." Lin looked up at me, tears rolling down her face. "I love you, so much." She said. "Lin, I love you too." I said. She pulled me into a bruising kiss. "I was so scared." She whispered before laying her head on my shoulder. "Everything's okay now, Lin. You're okay." I said. "Are you okay?" She asked me. "I'm perfectly fine. I was just so worried about you." I said, kissing her hand.

     My stomach hurt from not eating. Pema and Rohan had been asleep. And Lin.. well, Lin was staring at the ceiling with her head in my lap. Occasionally a tear would fall from her eye, or she'd lean up to kiss me, but other than that, she just stared at the ceiling. We heard a loud thud, along with people screaming. "What the hell!?" Lin shot up. "Prison break!" We heard someone yell. Pema woke up. "Was that-" we heard another loud thud. The guards flew down the hall with a rush of air. I stood up and walked towards the door and looked out. I didn't see anyone. "Hi, Aunt Kya!" Ikki popped up and scared me. "Ikki!?" I said. "Ikki?" Pema pushed me out of the way. "Look mommy! I got the bad guys again!" Meelo was jumping up and down on one of the guards. "Pema!" Tenzin rushed up to the door. "Are you guys okay?" He asked. "We're fine, Tenzin. Just get us out of here." Bumi said. "Jinora, grab the keys." Tenzin said. Soon the door was unlocked. Tenzin rushed in and hugged Pema and Rohan. I tried to help Lin stand up but she was still too weak. I put one arm under her legs and another on her back and picked her up bridal style. When I carried her out the door, Tenzin stared at us. Lin had her arms around my neck. "Tenzin, wheres Korra?" Lin asked. "Her and Mako were the ones who freed us. I don't know where they are now." Tenzin said. 

     The equalists were off of Air Temple Island, giving us the chance to get back into our home. Lin had fallen asleep on our way here. "I'm gonna take her back to my bed." I told Pema. I walked down the hall, and opened the door with my foot. I laid Lin on the bed and sat next to her, placing my hand on the side of her face. "How is she?" Tenzin peeked his head in. "She's alright. I managed to heal her while we were in the prison with the water the guards gave Pema and Rohan. But Amon took her bending." I said. Tenzin nodded his head before fully walking into my room, shutting the door behind him. "So.. uh- how long have you been uh- well-" "Almost three months." I said. "You guys have been messing around for three months and nobody knew?" Tenzin sounded shocked. "You make it sound like we're just fuck buddy's." I said. "Bumi knew. And Asami.. And Jinora." "Jinora!?-" "And Pema." I said. "My family are better secret keepers than I thought." Tenzin said. It was quiet for a minute. "Are you happy?" Tenzin asked. I looked over at Lin. "Very." I said. "Well then.. I- I guess that's all that matters." Tenzin said. "Tenzin, I know this is probably really awkward but-" "Probably awkward?" Tenzin asked. "Lin and I used to date, Kya, awkward is an understatement." He said. He took a deep breath. "But if you two are happy.. then so be it." He said. Lin moved her head a bit, waking up. "I'll go." Tenzin said before stepping out. "How'd you sleep-" Lin grabbed my hand and pulled me down on her, making my head rest on her chest. "Probably a lot better if Tenzin wasn't in here non stop talking." Lin wrapped her arms around me. I chuckled at her. Lin leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'm so happy you're safe."