Four

Kya

Korra, Lin, Tenzin, Bumi and I were all in the airship. Lin was looking out the window, worried. "Raiding the Sato Mansion is a risky move with Tarrlok breathing down your neck. If we're wrong.." I said. "I know. I can kiss my job goodbye. But protecting Republic City is all I care about. We can't let Amon get his hands on this new weapon." Lin said. I placed my hands on her shoulders., making her face me. "It's gonna be okay. They're not gonna get these new weapons." I said. For some reason, everytime I so much as touch Lin's arm, she becomes tense and flustered. The airship stopped in the middle of the sky. Officers started hopping out of the ship. Tenzin carried Bumi down with air bending. "Lin, will you help me down?" I asked. "Hold on tight." Lin wrapped her arm around my waist. I held on to her neck with my arms, and wrapped my legs around her waist. She hooked the metal cable to the ship and we dropped down. We busted inside to see Bolin, Mako, and Asami sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here!?" Asami said. "We have a reason to believe that there's a factory hidden below the mansion." Lin said. "I think I would've noticed if there were a factory underneath my house. The lies you people come up with just to persecute my father." Asami said. "Where is your father?" Tenzin asked. "In his workshop behind the house." Asami said.

"Dad? Hello?" Asami walked in first. An officer approached Lin. "Chief, the estate's been secured. No one has left the workshop since we arrived." He said. "Perhaps we just couldn't see him leaving." Lin said. She walked into the middle of the room and raised her leg. She bent the metal from her uniform off of her foot and stepped on the ground. She was using her seismic sense. "There's a tunnel beneath the workshop running deep into the mountainside." Lin said. "What? There's no tunnel." Asami said in disbelief. Lin formed a stance, then bent the metal up from the floor, revealing the tunnel. "Do you think your dad knows about this tunnel?" Bolin whispered to Asami. "I don't understand. There must be an explanation." Asami said. "Maybe you don't know everything about your father. I'm sorry." Korra said. We all walked down into the tunnel. Lin had an officer keep an eye on Mako, Bolin, and Asami. "I'm guessing those are the new weapons." I said. Tenzin and Lin looked at the big machines. "Hiroshi was lying alright, but where is he?" Tenzin asked. A huge metal wall shot up behind us. "I'm afraid you won't be able to metalbend that wall, Chief Beifong." We heard a voice come from speakers. Green lights surrounded us from the mecha tanks. "It's solid platinum. My mecha tanks are platinum as well. Even your renowned mother could bend a metal so pure." Hiroshi said. "Hiroshi! I knew you were lying. No good Equalist! Come out here and-" "And do what, young Avatar? Face the wrath of your bending? No. I think I'll fight from inside here where my odds are a little more... equal." Hiroshi said. "That source was a set up! You lured us down here." Lin said. "Guilty as charged." Hiroshi said.

Hiroshi shot a grappling hook at us, attempting to capture us, but we all dodged it. Lin broke the glass out of a couple of the mecha tanks. Tenzin airbended Hiroshi's tank back, helping Korra. Bumi and I did our best to take out a few other tanks. I bent water into some of the tanks, frying the controls, but there were too many of them. One of the Equalists hit Korra with a metal pipe, knocking her down. Another one stood behind Lin, electricity running through the pipe. "Lin!" I ran after ever but was too late. She fell to the ground, holding her arm before almost losing consciousness. I ran to her, and tried helping her up. Out of nowhere, Mako and Bolin came to help me. "Not so fast, boys." Hiroshi conducted electricity from a glove. "Hello, Mr. Sato. Wow! What a really swell, scary factory you have here under your giant mansion." Bolin chuckled nervously. "Sponsoring our team, supporting the Avatar. It was all just a big cover." Mako said. "Yes, and the most difficult part was watching my daughter traipse around with a firebending street rat like you!" Hiroshi walked towards us with gloves on his hands. "Dad, stop!" Asami yelled from behind Hiroshi. "Why?" She has tears in her eyes. "Sweetie, I wanted to keep you out of this as long as I could." Hiroshi said. Korra started to regain consciousness. "But now you know the truth, please, forgive me. These people," Hiroshi pointed to us "these benders. They took away your mother, the love of my life. They've ruined the world, but with Amon we can fix it and build a perfect world together. We can help people like us, everywhere!" Hiroshi said. He took of one of his gloves and offered it to Asami. "Join me, Asami." He said. Asami hesitantly walked towards her dad. She looked at the glove and grabbed it. Asami slipped the glove onto her hand. "No." Mako said. "I love you, Dad." Asami said. As Hiroshi turned around, Asami places the glove to his back, electrocuting him, knocking him out. "Let's get out of here!" Mako said. Mako and I carried Lin out, while Tenzin helped Bumi, and Asami and Mako helped Korra.

We got back to the ship. I laid Lin down on the couch. "My metalbenders are on their way to Amon, and it's all my fault. Tarrlok's right, I've failed as chief. First thing in the morning, I'm handing in my resignation." Lin said to me. "No, Lin, you can't give up like this." I grabbed her hand. "I'm not giving up. I'm gonna find my officers and take Amon down. But I'm gonna do it my way, outside the law." Lin sat up a bit. "Lin, lay down." I lightly pushed her back down. "Rest." I placed my hand on the side of her face. She sighed. "I feel light headed." She said. She soon lost consciousness. "We need to get her home now so I can heal her." I said to Tenzin. He nodded his head. The airship started moving again.