Six

Kya

My arms were wrapped around Lin's neck, hers around my waist. I had just woken up but she was still asleep. Her blanket was over the both of us. I attempted to get up slowly, not waking her, but the second I moved my arm, Lin opened her eyes. "Kya? Where are you going?" She asked. "I just have to use the bathroom." I chuckled. Lin groaned before pulling me back down onto the bed. "Lin." I giggled as she kissed my neck. "What?" She rested her head on my shoulder. "I have to use the bathroom." I said. "Fine." She rolled off of me. I got up and used the bathroom quickly. When I walked back into the bedroom, Lin was sitting up with her robe on. I got in the bed and sat behind her, wrapping my arms around her, and rested my head on her shoulder. "I remember when Tenzin left me. I told him I'd get revenge eventually." Lin said. "And if sleeping with his sister isn't considered revenge, I don't know what is." Lin joked. I laughed at her. I lightly grabbed her chin with my index finger and my thumb and made her face me. I leaned in and kissed her. "I like when you do that, you should do it more." She smiled. "As you wish." I said before kissing her again. She turned around and pushed me back onto the bed. Before she could do anything, I flipped her over and got on top of her. She laughed as she tucked my hair behind my ear. "So, Chief Beifong is a bottom." I smirked. "If you tell anyone, I'll have you arrested." Lin joked. I smiled before burying my face into her neck. I took a deep breath, inhaling her scent.

I walked into the doors of Tenzin's home. "Kya! There you are. Where were you?" Tenzin said. "I ended up staying at Lin's last night." I sat down on the chair. "How is she?" Korra asked. "Um.." I thought about the events from last night to this morning. "I think she's perfectly okay." I said. "Back to her cranky old self again?" Korra asked. "Yeah.. cranky." I said. "How mean was she about you healing her last night?" Tenzin asked. I thought back to the moment she kissed me. "She was uh.." I thought about her hands on my skin. "She was fine with it." I said. "Really?" Korra said. I nodded my head. "I hope she's okay." Korra said. "I know we haven't gotten along much but, I don't want her hurt." Korra said. "I'm sure she'll be alright, Korra. Just give her about a week." Tenzin said. "Look, like I was saying the other day, maybe she wouldn't be so cranky if she just got laid." Korra said. "Korra, that's the chief of police you are talking about." Tenzin said. "Don't be so immature." He scolded Korra. Korra ignored him and laughed it off. "Look, all I'm saying is that maybe Beifong needs to I don't know, go on a date or something. She needs to get out of the house and do something that doesn't involve work." Korra said. "Maybe you're right." Tenzin said. Just then, the phone started ringing next to Tenzin. "Hello?" He answered. "No, I don't believe so." He said. The person on the other line said something else that gave Tenzin a surprised look on his face. "Uh, sure. We'd love to." He said. "Alright, goodbye, Lin." Tenzin said. "What'd Beifong want? She hear us talking about her?" Korra asked. "No, she just invited us to dinner tonight at her house. All of us." Tenzin said. "Lin can cook?" Pema said as she walked by. "We're going to Chief Beifong's for dinner?" Ikki said, Meelo, Bumi, and Jinora followed. "I guess we are." I said.

     Tenzin knocked on the door of Lin's house. "Come in." Lin opened the door. Everyone walked past the threshold, I was last. "I can't believe you actually made dinner." I stopped to talk to Lin at the door. "Yeah well, let's just say I've been in a good mood." Lin reached down and lightly squeezed my hand, then walked inside. I followed, closing the door behind me. "I have everyone's plates set at the table." Lin said. The kids rushed into the kitchen. "Don't run in the house!" Pema and Tenzin followed. Bumi and Korra laughed and they went into the kitchen. "Hey," I grabbed Lin's hand before she walked into the kitchen. "What's up with you, you're being so nice." I joked as I wrapped my arms around her neck. "Like I said, I'm just in a good mood." Lin placed her hands on my waist. I leaned in and kissed her. "Are you sure we should be doing this with everyone else in the other room?" Lin cracked a smile. "They can't see us, can they?" I said. She leaned up and kissed me again. "Someone's coming." Lin pushed me back a bit, making distance between us. "Hey, are you guys coming?" Korra said. "Yeah." Lin said. Korra went back into the kitchen. I pulled Lin into another quick kiss before we went into the kitchen.

     "Lin, the food was delicious." Pema said. "I made dessert too." Lin got up and got a pie from the counter. "Damn, Lin, what did that electricity do to you?" Korra said. Tenzin glared at Korra for the language. "I've just been in a good mood. Is something wrong with that?" Lin crossed her arms over her chest. "No no, nothing wrong with it. Just wondering what's got you feeling so good." Korra asked. Lin glanced over at me for a second before looking back at Korra. "I'm just feeling happy." She said, not wanting to spill the secret about us. "Enough talk! Give me that pie woman!" Meelo said. Lin passed out the pie to everyone and sat back down next to me. "You made dessert?" I whispered to her. "Are you sure you're alright?" I joked. "Well, after spending that quality time with you last night, why shouldn't I be in a good mood?" Lin said. "If this is what quality time does to you, I guess we'll just have to do it more often." I said with a smirk. "I guess we will." Lin grabbed my hand under the table. "What're you guys over there whispering about?" Bumi said from across the table. "Nothing, Bumi, just eat your pie." I said. We all finished our dessert and everyone got back onto Oogie. "I'll be home in a bit, Tenzin. I'm gonna help Lin clean up." I said. "We'll be waiting." Tenzin said before he walked out, shutting the door behind him. "Why didn't you leave with them?" Lin asked as she put plates in the sink. "Like I said, I'm gonna help you clean up." I said. Lin chuckled. "Kya, I don't need help-" I pushed her against the counter and kissed her.

     Lin ran her hands through my hair. She was now sitting on the counter and I was standing in between her legs. I pulled away from the kiss and we smiled at each other. Lin's smile faded and her eyes widened. "Bumi." She said. "What?" I turned around and saw Bumi standing there staring at us. "Bumi!" I said. "Uh.. Korra just uh.. forgot her glider." Bumi awkwardly walked over to the other side of the kitchen and picked up Korra's glider. "I'll um.. I'll see you at home Kya." Bumi started walking towards the door. Lin quickly got up and bent a rock wall in front of the door. "Bumi, wait." I said. "You can't tell Tenzin about this. Or anyone." I said. "You were supposed to be healing her!" Bumi said. "And she was!" Lin said. "Then things just got a bit more.." Lin and I looked at each other. "I don't even want to know!" Bumi said. "Bumi, just please don't tell anyone!" I said. "And why shouldn't I?" Bumi crosses his arms and looked away. Lin bent rocks to keep him from moving. She walked towards him and grabbed him by his shirt. "Because if you do I'll make your life hell until the day you leave my city, do you understand that?" Lin got in his face. Bumi quickly nodded his head. "Good." I said. Lin released him from the rocks and unblocked the door. "I'll be home later, Bumi." I smiled at him. "Oh, I'm sure you will be." Bumi said before walking out of the door. Lin groaned then she metal bent the lock.

     "Now that there won't be any more distractions." Lin looked back over to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. "Ugh, as much as I'd love to, I really do have to get home soon." I said. "Or you could stay another night?" Lin smiled at me. "If I did that, Tenzin would wanna know why." I said. "Forget about Tenzin." Lin said. She kissed me again. "Lin." I giggled as her lips moved to my neck. "Seriously, I have to leave soon." I said with a smile as I pushed her back a bit. "Well then, I guess we'll have to continue this some other night then?" Lin said. "Actually, I was thinking.. what are you doing Thursday night?" I said. She thought for a second. "Thursday is two days from now so... I'll probably working." Lin said. "Not anymore." I said. "What?" Lin said. "I'm gonna take you out to dinner Thursday night." I said. "Kya.. I don't know if us going out to dinner in public would be a good idea. It'd probably make this secret relationship.. less of a secret." Lin said. "If anyone sees us, we're just old friends catching up." I said. "I don't know." Lin crossed her arms over her chest and looked down. "Hey," I cupped her face with both of my hands. "It'll be fine. I just wanna going out to dinner with my girlfriend.. with you." I said. I saw her smiled a bit. "Alright." She said. "Good. I'll see you on Thursday." I said. I kissed her cheek then started walking away. "Oh, I see how it is. You say you're gonna help me but you really aren't? That's kinda rude, Kya." Lin joked. I bent the water out of the sink and threw it in Lin's face. "Kya!" She said. She filled a cup with water and threw it at me. I held my hand up, keeping it from hitting me. I threw it back at her. She shot the metal cable out of her uniform, making it wrap around my waist, and pulled me into her. I laughed at her before she pulled me into a deep kiss.