Two

Kya

     I woke up under the blankets. Multiple blankets. I threw them off of me and got up. I stretched my arms out and yawned. That's when the pounding headache hit me. There was a knock at the door and a loud groan that followed behind. "Come in, Bumi." I said. Bumi busted through my door and threw himself on my bed. "My head is pounding, Kya. Heal me." He said. "Fine, but me first." I said. I grabbed the wooden bucket next to my bed and went to find the nearest river. "Kya, are you and Bumi ready to go?" Tenzin yelled to me. "Just give us half an hour." I said while rubbing my temple. I got the bucket of water and started heading back to the hut. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" I ran into someone, spilling the water all over them. "Oh! Sorry, Lin. I didn't see you there." I bent the water back into the bucket. "If I were wearing anything other than my uniform, I would've been soaked. You need to start looking where you're going." She glared at me. "Jeez, Lin. I said I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah. I just have a headache." Lin said. "Why don't you come back to my hut? I've already gotta take care of Bumi's hangover." I said. "I'll be fine." Lin started walking away. "Come on, Lin." I grabbed her arm and dragged her into the hut.

     "Aaahh, that's the stuff." Bumi said. "Alright, Bumi. Your done." I said. "I feel ten times better." Bumi jumped up and gave me a hug. He walked out, shuttling the door behind him. I looked over at Lin. "I don't need a healer, Kya, I'll be fine." She said. "Shut up and come here." I said. She sat next to me on the bed. "So what, I just sit here and you do your magic healing thing-" I pulled her down, making her head sit in my lap. "This isn't necessary, Kya-" "Shut up, Lin." I bent the water around her head and started healing her. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths. "Is this even working?" She asked. "Just relax. You'll feel it start working soon." I said. We sat there for about ten or so more minutes. "I think you're all done." I bent the water back into the bucket. Lin opened her eyes and looked up at me. "Thank you, Kya." She said. "Of course. Anything for my friend." I said. Lin didn't move. She just laid on my lap looking at me. "Is everything okay?" I asked. "Uh- yeah." She quickly stood up. "We should get to the bison with the others." She said. I smiled at her and got up. I grabbed my stuff and we walked out of the door. "Promise you'll come back soon?" Mom said to Tenzin, Bumi, and I. "Yes mom, we promise." I said. "Awe, my little world savers." Mom squeezed Tenzin and Bumi's cheeks. Lin was already on Oogie. I helped Korra get Pema on the bison, then I followed. I sat next to Lin and smiled at her. "Mind if I sit here." Bumi sat in between Lin and I. "I guess I can't really tell you no now." Lin rolled her eyes. We all waved goodbye to mom and Korra's parents. "Oogie, Yip Yip."

     We arrived at Air Temple Island. The kids were the first to jump off Oogie. Tenzin helped Pema down, and everyone else jumped off. I hopped off and noticed Lin just starting to get off. "Here, Lin, let me help you down." I said. I reached up and grabbed her hand. "I don't need your help." She pulled away and dropped down. "Okay, dang." I said. "You've got your help, and everyone is home safe. I'm going home." Lin said. "Let me know if there's anything you need." Tenzin said. "And let me know if you run into any chi blockers. I still owe them an ass kicking for taking Bolin." Korra said. Ikki and Jinora showed me to my room on the island, then we all went to the dining room for dinner. "Hey, Tenzin. Can I ask you something?" I said. Tenzin looked at me. "Why does Lin constantly have a stick up her ass?" I said. "Kya, don't use that language around the children." Tenzin said while the kids laughed. "But frankly, I'm not sure." He said. "We used to be such good friends back when dad was alive. When she joined the police force she was alway so uplifting. Now she's just bitter." I said. "Maybe Beifong just needs to get-" "Korra, do not finish that sentence in front of the kids." Tenzin said. I chuckled.

     I laid in bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Hey, Korra." I yelled out as Korra walked by my door. "Hey." She came in. I sat up as she sat on my bed. "So, Miss Avatar. How's training going?" I asked. "Eh. Not so good. I've basically mastered the other three elements, but just can't figure out how to airbend. I can barely make it through the doors." Korra said. "It's not that hard, you just gotta be-" "Be the leaf, I know. I have Meelo yelling that at me everyday. I've passed through the doors a couple times, but it's like now I can't." Korra said. "Maybe it's from stress. Are you worried about anything?" I asked. "Yeah. Amon." Korra said. "When he took Bolin, Mako and I found him at an equality rally. That's where we found out that Amon can take away people's bending.. for good." Korra said. "I guess I'm just terrified that it's gonna happen to me. I mean, if I can't bend, then what kind of Avatar would I even be?" Korra said. "Amon isn't taking away your bending. Ever. We're all here to protect you. Me, Bumi, Tenzin, all your friends. Everyone's here for you." I said. "Not Beifong. I think she'd rather see me dead than help me out." Korra said. "Yeah, she does seem to have a problem with everyone now in days. I remember when we were younger, she was the sweetest person I knew. Well, at least to me. Her sister on the other hand." I chuckled. "Anyways. I think you just remind her of Tenzin." I said. "How? I'm nothing like Tenzin." Korra said. "Well, you're The Avatar, Aang was The Avatar, and Tenzin is Aang's son. Lin can just be a little... crazy at times." I said. "Why does she hate Tenzin so much though?" Korra said. "She doesn't hate him. They just.. have a past." I said. Korra looked confused. "Look, just.. give her time." I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Thanks, Kya." She smiled at me. Korra got up and left the room. I laid back done and looked up at the ceiling again. "Just give her time." I said to myself.