- The Marvelous Marriage

- THE BAD BEGINNING PT2 -
"As Klaus said, hang in there, but this time I mean it as a joke."

"PUT SOME ELBOW GREASE INTO IT!" Their guardian yelled as Violet brought the Axe down onto another block of wood that Cara had placed down on the stump

"PUT SOME ELBOW GREASE INTO IT!" Their guardian yelled as Violet brought the Axe down onto another block of wood that Cara had placed down on the stump. The block split in half and Klaus put the two parts onto the large pile that sat at the right of him.

"There's now way our parents would put us in Count Olaf's care, if we can even call it that." Violet sighed.

"As soon as Count Olaf's back is turned, we need to leave this house." Klaus stared at the horrible man and Cara placed another block of wood on the stump. "I'd rather take my chances on the streets than stay here any longer."

"Who knows what would happen to us on the street? At least here we have a roof over our heads." The eldest Baudelaire argued, shaking her head.

"We could always become prostitutes." Cara shrugged, her sarcastic personality shining through greatly as the siblings looked at her like she was crazy before Klaus sighed.

"I wish our parents fortune could be used now instead of when you two come of age." He said. "Then we could buy a castle and live in it with armed guards patrolling outside to keep out Count Olaf and his troupe."

"With a large inventing studio." Violet chuckled.

"And a library." Klaus added.

"And just a big...comfy bed that you can just sleep all day in. That'd be amazing, man." Cara sighed dreamily, staring off into the distance and wiping a fake tear for dramatic effect.

"And chewy objects." Sunny babbled, looking up to the three eldest children.

"Hurry up, orphans. There's reupholstering to be done." Olaf called out to them, sipping his tea.

"Justice Strauss said that her home was always open to us." Violet told the other two, chopping another log after Cara had placed it in front of her.

"She said that her legal library was always open to us. It's not the same thing." Klaus replied, putting the two halves of the freshly cut block of wood on the pile.

"Well, we can't exactly get to her library without going through her house, so.." Cara trailed off, slowly putting another log on the stump.

"Mr. Poe did say that we could contact him if we had any questions." Violet shrugged, swinging down the implement on the log and cutting it in half once again.

"We don't really have a question, we have a complaint." The middle Baudelaire said, bringing the two halves to the pile again. They all looked towards the door to see the big bald man coming out with something in his hand, stopping next to Count Olaf.

"Can I warm that up for you? And also give you some very bad news?" The man poured some  more water into Count Olaf's teacup as the deranged guardian continued to stare at the children.