THE AUSTERE ACADEMY

- THE AUSTERE ACADEMY PT 1 -
"Fuck."

"I FEEL LIKE WE'VE BEEN SITTING ON THIS BENCH FOR MONTHS

"I FEEL LIKE WE'VE BEEN SITTING ON THIS BENCH FOR MONTHS."

It had not been a few months, more like a few minutes, but it certainly felt like months as the four orphans sat on the uncomfortable bench that was put in the middle of a long, stretching corridor outside the Vice Principal's office from where a horrible screeching sound was coming from. It sounded much like Cara's own attempts at playing an instrument and it hurt her ears so much she was honestly surprised that blood hadn't started pouring out of them.

The corridor was dark and funereal despite the many windows that lined the wall beside them; they were covered in some sort of condensation most likely from the cold outside battling with the warmth inside and through the windows, forked branches made their sinister appearance which increased Cara's discomfort in that school and she had only been there a couple of minutes.

Her head was resting on Klaus' shoulder tiredly but the spine-chilling atmosphere of the building stopped her from shutting her eyes and every time she blinked, she tried to open her eyes as quickly as possible. Maybe it had been a more than a few minutes and Cara just hadn't noticed the time fly by because of her paranoia but she still hated this school already...especially the uniform she had already complained about.

She hated school in general but uniforms were just an extra hassle.

"We've been waiting so long," Klaus said and Cara adjusted her head on his shoulder, sighing out and snapping open her eyes when they almost closed and she was submerged into the darkness of the school corridor. "Sunny's starting to look less like a baby and more like a toddler."

"Growth spurt?" Sunny babbled from where she sat on the bench and Cara smiled slightly, not bothering to turn her attention to the baby since Klaus' shoulder was just so comfortable and she couldn't be bothered to lift her head.

"We've been tormented by treachery and villainy." Violet mentioned and Cara sighed quietly, there they go with their Baudelaire dramatics.

"Chid labour and leeches." Klaus added and felt Cara's body shake next to him at the mention of the leeches whilst she shivered at the memory of being attacked by them on Lachrymose Lake.

"Books." Cara also said but from the silence that followed supposed that none of them agreed with her. "And you know...stalkers."

"And now a new school." Violet finished off, nodding her head and Cara let out her biggest sigh yet, adjusting her heads position again on Klaus' shoulder. She felt his chin skim her head as he looked to his side towards his friend and his sisters.

"Well the school hasn't tormented us yet." He mentioned and Cara looked up at him from his shoulder and he glanced down, for a moment Cara widened her eyes because how did Klaus suddenly seem so much taller from this angle.