THE GRIM GROTTO

- THE GRIM GROTTO PT 1 -
"That's a stupid reason."

A/N: one of the long ones, feel free to take breaks!

DESPITE BEING BACK WITH THE BAUDELAIRES, Cara felt more vulnerable than ever on top of the large metal contraption that had risen out from under the ice plane and taken the orphans with it.

Although they were further away from the cracking ice that would plunge them into frozen waters, they still remained stuck on top of whatever weird beast that had taken them off of the ground.

After the large metal pole had cracked out out of the ice, it had made no noise nor given them any sign that somebody was behind any controls.

The only other thing that posed a help to the group of children was a circular metal entrance that Cara had grabbed on to when she fell and had not let go of since.

Together they crowded around what they assumed was the doorway and called for help.

Rather the Baudelaires called for help and Cara panicked helplessly, spouting nonsense about her fear of oceans which hardly made sense due to the laboured pauses she took and how screeching her words were.

However bothered Violet, Klaus and Sunny might've been by her loud fear, they didn't say anything about it and merely focused on banging the metal below them in the hope that whoever was inside would grant them a kindness.

"We need help!"

"Open up!"

"HELP! HELP US! HELP US, WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

"What's the password?" An extremely static voice came out of the large box on the end of the metal pole, a feminine voice that sounded almost bored with all of their yelling.

But Cara just whined a little and clutched tighter onto the metal, she didn't know any damn password.

"We don't know the password." Klaus said as much as he stood up to look directly into the box where a camera perhaps lay. Violet joined him, her hand clasped in Sunny's whilst Cara eyed the last remnants of ice that remained on the metal with them and hadn't fallen off.

"We need help!" Violet pleaded as Sunny looked down to Cara, who had now curled up into a small ball with one hand clutching the metal and the other wiping stray black hairs out of her face with her breaths still panting.

"We just fell off of a mountain." Klaus added helplessly and gestured his hand lamely towards the large frozen waterfall they had tobogganed down - Cara might've taken her chances with Olaf than bother with being on top of this ocean.

Nothing happened in response to their words and their pleads to be let in to whatever they were stood on - her common sense was telling Cara that it was a submarine but if that were true then she might have passed out on the spot.