- The Inn Auction

- THE ERSATZ ELEVATOR PT 2 -
"One-fucking-thousand!"

- THE ERSATZ ELEVATOR PT 2 -"One-fucking-thousand!"

"LOVELY TO SEE YOU TOO, CARA." Duncan grinned at the girl in the centre of the basket who raised her eyebrows at the triplets trapped inside the cage, Cara hadn't actually believed this plan would play off. She had some doubts, some trust but overall she thought they'd just be stuck at the bottom of an elevator shaft. "You found us."

"I'm so happy to see you." Isadora gushed about the orphans in front of her and Cara winked at her, the energy saved from hitching a ride on Klaus' back when going up the stairs was starting to come back out and she was sure pretty soon she'd be ranting and making odd noises.

"I've never been so happy to see anyone in my life." Klaus said, not sounding happy but Cara presumed he was just in shock. Isadora flushed at his words and Cara went to exchange a glance with Violet, but the girl wasn't looking at her.

Despite the trip down the shaft being over, Cara still held tight to the edge of the basket and loosened her grip before tightening it again. The excitement and energy was starting to course through her veins and she just needed to move, but she couldn't because she was stuck in between the three Baudelaires; she settled on kicking the edge of the basket in front of her very lightly.

Klaus looked down at her and furrowed his eyebrows slightly, Cara waved him off and decided to bounce on her feet for a little bit instead. She needed to move.

"How did you find us?" Isadora asked and Klaus looked back to her, Cara remembered the night before the Quagmires had been kidnapped when Isadora had kissed him on the cheek as a goodbye. That explained Klaus' glassy-eyed look.

"It was Klaus' idea." Violet said.

"It was Violet's invention." He returned, making sure not to take all the credit.

"I did nothing." Cara pitched in, smiling despite admitting to her pathetic faults. "Well unless you count heaving a big basket through a narrow doorway and then having it fall on top of you where you felt like you died for a second. I also you know helped push the basket down the elevator shaft if that counts for anything, it probably doesn't though you know what I'm like I'm just kind of along for the ride..."

Isadora and Duncan both smiled at Cara as she held up her two thumbs and grinned as politely as she could. The two of them seemed a bit more trustworthy now they were in a cage instead of sitting across a lunch table, everyone was a threat at school. You do something and you could be thrown under the bus at any second from one of the snitches.

When someone's in a cage, they can't really do much. Cara didn't like to admit that she was wrong very often but in the rare cases she was, like this one, she felt a sense of failure even if it was good that their only friends weren't backstabbers.

"Do you think you could pick this lock?" Klaus asked Violet and drew Cara's attention to the pretty big padlock that trapped Isadora and Duncan inside of the cage.