- The Cranioectomy

- THE HOSTILE HOSPITAL PT 2 -
"Didn't realise I had that effect on you."

A/N: my favourite chapter so far!! hope you enjoy x

"FATIGUED."

Cara fundamentally agreed with whatever Sunny meant with that strange word. To show her agreement, she only let out a mere grunt - nearly unheard but enough to get across her dissatisfaction with crawling through a narrow vent side-by-side with Klaus who was unfortunately tall enough to have Cara pressed against the metal wall uncomfortably but when they were moving it wasn't so bad. Sunny was crawling in front of them, leading them to wherever the vents took them, but there was no space for all of them to crawl in a row - Cara's aching shoulder proved that.

"We have to keep going, guys, I'm tired too but we have to find Violet before it's too late." Klaus said in reply to Sunny's statement and Cara's groan, Cara also agreed with that statement. Before she had reflected on her care for Sunny and what she would do if anything bad happened to her, but her eagerness and determination to rip Count Olaf's eyebrows from his face at the current time proved she cared for all of the Baudelaires as much as that.

Just the same, if anything happened to Klaus such as getting kidnapped by Olaf and his stylish girlfriend in a dark hospital in the dead of night, Cara thought she would probably burst out of these vents as soon as she could not caring for a disguise. Then, she would walk straight to Babs' old office that Olaf had occupied, grab the computer cables off of the floor and strangle whichever henchmen was in charge of the cameras until they choked and passed out dead on the floor. After that, she would find Olaf and inject him with everything they had in the hospital until he reacted and fizzled into death right in front of her eyes.

She cared for them all equally.

"Do you think it's true? Do you think one of our parents survived the fire?" Klaus asked again, breaking Cara out of her little murder fantasy as she reflected on his question. She couldn't even imagine what they felt like, perhaps similar as to when Max was right in front of her eyes; happy, but also betrayed. Confused, but also emotional. Except this was different, they didn't know for sure if their parent was living.

"I think it's true, yeah." Cara nodded as they arrived at a corner vent which was always a pain to get around, not for Sunny but for the two behind her. Klaus went first, turning and staying close to his side of the vent, Cara followed and slotted into the space next to him. "After all, the tape even said that it wasn't Max, that was my first doubt about it. But Jacques said it, there's a survivor, Beatrice or Bertrand are still alive. Can't wait to meet them."

"Wait." Klaus shot a hand out, hitting Cara in the chest as she arrived in her slot after turning the corner; she grunted a little in shock of the hit but waved it off when the boy apologised. He said nothing, but his finger pointed in front of them, a vent entrance which gave them a clear view of a Hospital Corridor.