3. The Brown Eyes

As soon as I pulled out the newspaper and asked if it was her, everything got worse and worse. I didn't need to be an empath to know how bad each of us were with strangers. I didn't belong here, and neither did she. She asked me if I was in her class, which I thought was odd. I just smiled, and said "No" since that was the only thing I could say. We talked about dinosaurs, for a bit, and that's when the kindergartners approached. I've let my guard down around humans before, but that was nothing compared to this. The only time I've had a worse headache was when I lost a bet with Keefe on how many detentions he could get in a week, and he sang "I told you so" over and over for 4 hours. Anyway, the kindergartners were loud both in my head and not.  They were yelling in the museum and my brain. I was about to give up, and leave, but she winced. I asked her if she heard them, and then everything collapsed. Honestly, everything is a blur until she is almost hit by a car. A older boy chasing a young, pretty girl through the streets is just a genius idea, I know. Now chasing a scared, pretty, young girl through the streets is even better, isn't it? I didn't see the car, only the girl. She lifted more than I'd ever seen on an untrained mind. Impossible. I was so grounded because of this. We had quick conversation, and I didn't even think before grabbing her and dragging her down the street. Now this has turned into a kidnapping, great.  I expected her to cry, yell, or be silent when I told her she was an elf. But she laughed. Laughed. This was going to be hard. I manipulated light, flickered, the only thing I could think of to get her to believe me. I had just learned it, and was completely unsure if it would work. If it didn't, I was so screwed. Lucky me. As soon as I flickered, she leaned against a car and started to breathe really heavily. Great, not only did I kidnap the girl, I sent her into shock. This just keeps getting better and better. She went into denial next. "But I can't do that", she argued, and that's when the dumbest idea started to  form in my brain. It hadn't quite clicked with my brain, so I started to stall. "You're saying I'm ... an alien" pulled me right out of my thoughts. That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard, especially coming from a genius that could supposedly solve the eleven world's unrest my father liked to hide from us. Oh, Alvar would so pee himself when I prove she's real. Anyway, I started laughing and I realized way too late that it probably wasn't the best response. So, in order to try and make up for laughing, I told her she was an elf. She didn't believe me, and she got sarcastic instead. Great. I did the only thing I could think of- brought her to my world.