5. Telekinesis

An unnaturally loud  "Where have you been?" nearly scared the daylights out of me. Not wanting her to see how nervous I was, I did the only thing I could think of; impersonated Alvar. "Missed me bad, huh?" I smile, cringing on the inside. She turned bright red, which caused to smile for real, until she replied with "More like you left me alone with a ton of unanswered questions and no way to find you, and then this guy shows up and tries to grab me and-" "Whoa wait-what guy?" Did my father come down to see her for himself and not tell me? What if it was the council? How could they know? She tells me that there was a weird blond guy that was creeping her out, and she couldn't hear his thoughts. I mean, that could be Keefe, but Keefe usually didn't creep people out. Maybe it was a human and she just didn't remember not being able to read his mind? I asked her that, and her response "Maybe not" didn't make me believe in my theory at all.  I had bigger things to worry about, though. I realized we were still in public, "We can't leap with people around." She protested, and why, why, why was this girl so stubborn? I told her that what she needed to do was important, and of course she asked "Why?".  She wouldn't just trust me, and next thing I know, she shrieks "A test?" THE LITTLE GIRL READ MY MIND!!! That should not be possible, she's like 12 and was raised by human! So yeah, I may have freaked out a little. I shook my head, really hard, just to try and clear my thoughts. All that did was give me a migraine, but hey that broke about 400 laws that may or may not exist yet. As I start to explain that to Sophie, she goes pale and freezes. "He's here, the guy who tried to grab me." I scan the area and ask where, but then she says he's gone.  I tell her we need to go, she asks more questions I'm not allowed to answer, yada, yada, yada.  Then she finally asks a question I am allowed to answer; "Can you tell me what the test determines?" I smile and look her in the eye, answering, "Your future." I pull her into the light, and I cover her with my concentration.  We arrive, and I welcome her to Everglen.I tell her about my dad's job as I lead her to the gate. I hear the familiar click the gate makes before opening, and my dad was already waiting for us. He had on his formal midnight blue cape across his shoulders, and the Vacker family crest was on the front of his cape, as shiny as always. "Sophie, this is my father, Alden", I introduced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey I know this is a LOT shorter than most of my other chapters, and I'm really sorry about that. Anyways, thanks for reading!