Aoi Akane | 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖓

𝕽𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞: @hanakoisbabie

Welp, it's spooktober and what do we all need? An Aoi Akane Oneshot! Oh, please forgive me if it's far from the plot you gave me - I'm suffering from 𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃 𝐼𝒬 𝒹𝑒𝒻𝒾𝒸𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎. Anyways, I'm the gonna publish more requests! I love you guys, stay safe!

____

There wasn't an easy way out, the mystifying emotion he felt remained unnoticed. Albeit people often mistook the direction of his attraction. He wasn't out to scream it on top of his lungs just yet - to which he was thankful for. 

It grew more rapidly, inveighing to weasel their way into his skin each day he saw her. Who can blame him?

  It wasn't her fault, he is certain of that fact. Of course, admitting to his desires will mean defeat. If he doesn't move now, what will the future hold? 

This was one of those days where his soul felt out of place, he had a notion to rip it into shreds.

He knew it wouldn't help solve the current dilemma he was in. It didn't take long for him to pinpoint the cause, derelict in the said matter formented a lot of bitterness and uncertainty.  

It left a bad taste in his mouth yet he swallowed the remnants of doubt it offered. He wasn't sure how it all began - finding himself obsessing over the small details her character posessed.

It was unhealthy, dangerous even but he brushed it off like a speck of dust on the floor.

"Teru-san, can you help me with this?" 

Everyone was busy either helping with the decoration or just slacking off. It wasn't a big deal honestly, everything was going smoothly aside from the inner turmoil he was in. Now, that was a shitty problem. 

It was about go down. 

"Are you sure you 'need' help or is it just an excuse to spend more time with me?" He chuckled, soft vibrations of his velvety voice lingered.

It was a measly attempt to rile him up. He wasn't about to explode just yet. In addition, she was painstakingly oblivious of the matter.

"That was uncalled for, just get up here and help me finish this Teru-san." She whined, urging him towards the clutter of mess.

Their interaction with each other - or the flirting - was nothing of the ordinary anymore. There has been a couple of occasions that people thought they were in love.

What a stupid thought it was, absolutely horrendous and vile.

"Kaichou, please excuse us for a minute."

Of course, his animosity began to leak with vehemence, to immediately kill the blonde-haired bimbo was the first thing came to mind.

How dare that exorcist tried to steal what he marked as his? Well, techinally not yet but soon! 

"U-waah!" She was pulled - no, dragged - out of the office without a warning, no heads up whatsoever.

"Please, take care of the trash for me." She mouthed before disappearing from his view, followed by the familiar reddish-haired individual. 

It was an impulsive decision but better than being near the sadistic prick. He needed the time to be away from him more than anything. ( Get her from him away, more than anything.)

"Something's bothering you Akane-kun?" She asked, softly. 

"Y-yeah, I-i'm sorry about that." He chuckled, nervously. There was no way he will admit it. 

"Well, if you say so. Why don't we head back? I'm sure Teru-san nee-"

"No! I'm, uhh, I-i'm not feeling good, let's go the garden!" 

"B-but, you said you were oka-" 

"I want us to get some fresh air!"

Before she could even finish her sentence, she was dragged yet again. She didn't mind the whole ordeal, not at all. 

The breeze billowed the short strands of his hair like silk, he had always been the pretty boy - protecitive and even crazy sometimes but he was always there, for the both of them. A chortle evoked from her throat, remembering those precious moments when they were children. 

Akane was like her guardian angel after all, he lives as if there's nothing in life he had to worry about. 

"Why are you chuckling [first name]-chan?" 

They stopped for moment, basking in the sun's warmth . The ethereal lightning the corridors possessed gave the ambiance of serependipity, it was those fraction of a second that she enjoyed - but never truthfully admitted. 

"Nothing~ I was thinking about Aoi-chan since we are going to the garden." She smiled, softly as she did before. "You're thinking of making her jealous again, aren't you Akane-kun?" 

His gaze peirced her [eye color] orbs, her smile remained  and a soft red hue brandished her plum cheeks. The lightning accentuated her beautiful features more than ever, it was almost painfully endearing for him to handle. He never lived a moment of his life, without her being by his side. 

"I'm just kidding Akane-kun, I'm sure she will return your feelings someday." She turned away, tucking a small portion of her hair behind her ear before doing so. Of course, [first name] [last name] knew already. It was obvious. 

And she supports them with all her heart, even since their childhood.

"Wait." So, that's what she thinks huh?

He grabbed her arm, not even thinking of the consequence. It came to light she didn't love him back and it was alright, but - there's one thing he needed her to know. He knew he couldn't fight against his thoughts any longer.

He was drunk in her presence, it settled and pulled him closer. The next thing he knew, no space were in between them anymore. It was soft and slow. 

She hardly had a moment to react, it obliterated every thought inside her mind. For the first time in forever, she was unable to say anything - locked in the present while imprisoned by the earthly orbs of her, once, childhood friend.

"It's always been you, why can't you see?"