Chapter 9 - "I have to tell you something"

"As much as I'd like you to stay, I think you should do whatever is best for you and the girls," the teaching assistant insisted. She had been lonely, no doubt, but she'd never be able to forgive herself if she convinced her wife to stay even though the spark was no longer there. She had made new friends at BHU, people she could rely on. Sure they would never replace the group she had back in Rosewood but she was eager to leave that part of her behind. Well, most of it at least.

"I was frustrated, Ali," Emily justified. "You were gone and I was alone with the twins. I was angry at you for leaving. But I knew I couldn't be because I encouraged you to go." She took a deep breath, avoiding eye contact with Alison who stood to hold her hand.

"You had every right to be frustrated." A forgiving smile curved her plump lips which Emily couldn't resist glancing at. It had been so long, she thought. "There were many days where I wished I never left and many others where I wished I left sooner. But every day I wished I was by your side."

Emily blushed at her flirt. Just as the moment became beautiful, a sinful reminder leached into the woman's mind.

"I have to tell you something."