Redemption.|preface.

"𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚, 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙘 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙜."

 🖕🏾❤️

                                                              𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗾 𝘀o𝘂𝗹𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱

Everybody want that old school love, that '06 bonnie & clyde' love. The kind of love that you watch on tv, or read in books.

 The love Jermaine was rapping 'bout in 'sacrifices' and 'pretty little fears.' The kind that will make you get on your knees and pray to god for protection over them. Have you smiling at random times thinking about their smile and the taste of their lips on yours.

 Ohh, and the smell of their perfume/cologne...whew chile, the intoxication.

 Telling your parents 'this the one' and 'im gon marry them.' ill go to war for them. being sad because you cant see them. starts getting scary because you feel like you cant even fathom the fact of them ever leaving you or something ever happening to them.

 you feel like you cant function without them. like your souls were made for each other. your bodies match each other. god made you two for each other. you pray that nothing will break yall apart because you cant even imagine the pain.

                                                                𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿- 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆

but then he does. and you can just feel your heart breaking in your chest. like a part of you left with him. a part that you will never get back. 

a part that you thought was there to stay. you said you'd never let a nigga make you shed real tears, but damn that shit hurt. giving your all to someone expecting them to do the same, but in return you just get shot in the heart.

 this pain i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

"damn beyonce had to go through this too, niggas really aint shit."

"if you wanted other people just say dat."

"He was just wasting my time."

everybody want love till it comes back and bites you in the ass. 'dyin' inside but outside youre looking fearless." women honestly need an award for the way they keep all their emotions inside.

having your heartbreak into tiny pieces, caused Bakari Langston to throw it away. at least pertaining to love. she still had the biggest heart when it came to her family and people in general. she wasn't chasing love.

 she was chasing that bag.

 the only thing that wasn't going to let her down. a nurse with a business on the side. definition of a boss ass bitch. 

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥- 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞 & 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐞

"𝗥𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗮 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵: 

𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂...

𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗮 𝘁𝘄𝗼: 

𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗰 𝗵𝗶s 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 '𝗲m 𝘆𝗲𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗻."

the things that poor black kids face at a young age is trauma. the kids who lash out in school are crying out for help. the kids who are "slow" are really intelligent. but their intelligence can't be measured by a standardized test, or a survey.

when your put in a situation where you can escape the toxic household and start a new life, you do it. no matter the people who you are leaving behind. 

or maybe you didn't realize how much you meant to them. guess you never will know. so poor we couldn't afford a phone. so careless couldn't remember her address couldn't even send her a letter or a post card.

"you never know what you have until it's gone."

didn't realize how much this quote meant. how true it was. grandma used to say if it's true love it'll come back to you. guess it wasn't true, because you haven't came back.

or maybe I'm not searching hard enough.

but I hope I get a chance to see you again. a chance to Redeem myself.

"𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎."

thanks for reading!

-breeeee