redemption|three.

"Yes, I'm on the way. I'll be there in about 5 minutes." She told the owner. Kari over slept due to her being up all night preparing the labels for the waterbottles and the gift bags. She was exhausted and had just enough time to get dressed and brush her teeth and wash her face.

She hadnt been in Atlanta a full week yet and she was already exhausted. Bakari wiped the water that excaped from her eyes when she let out a long yawn. In exactly three minutes she was pulling into the driveway of the place.

The man gave her the key before she began to pack her things into her wagon so she wouldnt have to make so many trips.

A couple hours later Kari looked back at her work. She smiled at her masterpiece. She took a picture and sent it to Chandra, and then Ansley before putting it on her business and personal instagram account.

She took close up pictures of the table settings and the gift table when she heard a knock on the door. Kari went and answered it, it was Lydia with the cake and a couple other things.

"Oh, its so gorgeous!" She cooed. She smiled before taking the cake and putting it on the dessert table with the others

"I'm glad you like it." Kari smiled making sure the dessert table was set.

"Did you get my cashapp money?" She asked. Kari remembered looking earlier and seeing the money sent.

"Yes I did, thank you." Kari said.

"No thank you." She continued walking around looking at everything in awe.

"So where's the birthday girl?" Kari asked. She had wanted to see her before the party, but she guess she'll have to catch her later.

"She's coming with her dad, she wanted to make a grand entrance, and I had a couple errands to run so I left her." She told Kari. She nodded before telling Lydia that she was leaving. She told her to call her when they cut the cake so that she could come back to get her things.

"I need to go to the beauty supply store-" Kari thought out loud looking down at her phone when she bumped into someone. She looked up at the figure and almost lost her breathe.

The anger she tried so hard to mask began to show on her face. Her father, the one she used to adore. He used to be her protector, her shield from the all the pain and harm the world could do, until she found out he was the one doing all of it. He was the one making her mother's world a living hell. She thought she would never see him again, that maybe she was safe from him.

"Bakari," He started. "Look, listen I can ex-"

"You're suppose to be in prison." Was all Kari could say. All she ever wanted to say to him.

"You're suppose to be paying for taking her from me." Kari felt her cheeks get hot.

"Listen, there's things you dont know-" Brandon tried to continue. Kari shook her head, she turned towards the girl that wore a confused look on her face. she noticed how put together she was.

She was so pretty and looked just like him. They probably had the best relationship, he probably protected her, and took care of her. Taught her how a real man should treat her. But how could he when he did the total opposite to her mother.

"I hope you enjoy your Sweet 16 party." Kari said to his daughter.

"Bakari-" He grabbed her arm. She quickly snatched it away. kari ignored him, the sound of his voice made her cringe.

"I watched my mother die on mine." She spat in his face. She fought to keep the tears from falling by holding her eyes open.

"YOU DONT KNOW THE REAl STORY!" He yelled. Kari widened her eyes as if they could grow any bigger, she was confused as to what else could have happened, what other components of the story were left out to change her mind about him. She was dead to him, has been ever since he left.