redemption|two.

Flashback.

"Momma please will you just give us a little while longer." Sarina pleaded with tears in her eyes.

"I've given you more time then I should have." She crossed her arms over her chest with a mug.

"You come in here lying on my husband, saying that he did something to you! You think I'm gonna let you stay here any longer?" She yelled at her.

Sarina wiped her tears before looking around at all the people that were being nosey and staring, she found it embarrassing how her mother got louder once she saw other people on the porch.

"Then you bring that bastard child in here eating up all my gotdamn food, you got to go!" She yelled some more.

"My daughter has a father." Sarina spoke clearing her throat right after.

"Then go live with him, maybe y'all will have some more sinful babies!" She baked up then slammed the door in Sarina's face. She tried her best to hold back all of her tears for Bakari's sake.

"Mommy why was Grandma yelling at you?" Bakari looked up at her mom tugging her arm.

Sarina wiped her face before she turned around and led Bakari and herself down the stairs as she mapped out her next move. Sarina thought about how she would tell her 5 year old that her grandmother hated them.

"She was having a bad day." Sarina said as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Are we gonna come back when she feels better?" Bakari questioned as she tried to skip down the sidewalk while holding onto her mothers hand.

"Well, you see old people tend to have bad days often, so we dont like to bother them." She tried her best to explain.

"Ok mommy." She smiled. Sarina felt tears come down her face at the sight of her beautiful smile and the innocence in her voice.

They both continued their journey to the other side of town, where Brandon's mom stayed. She always welcomed them in to her home with open arms and always offered to watch her.

"Mommy where are we?" Bakari asked out of breath from walking.

"At your Grannie's house." She picked her up placing her on her hip and they walked up the porch and she knocked on the door. She was surprised to see Brandon asnwer the door.

"Daddy!" Bakari practically jumped out of her arms to go to him.

"I missed you princess." He kissed all on her face making her giggle uncontrollably.

"Hey Sarina." He smiled small at her before moving to the side to let her in.

"Hey, where is your mom?" She asked once she didnt hear her singing like she usually did once she walked in the house.

"She went to the church, she'll be back." He said closing the door. He walked into the living room with Sarina behind him. They both sat down, but Sarina decided to sit in the chair facing the door , it was just a habit she learned from Brandon.

She watched them interact with each other in awe. She sat back in her chair hissing at the bruise she had on her back.

-

"You ain't been by the spot in a while where you been?" Brandon asked her. He sat next to her on the bed.

"I've been taking care of my daughter." She rolled her eyes at him.