Redemption|six.

"Mama come taste this!" Kari shouted down the hallway. She had made some cupcakes with the recipe she made but she needed an opinion on how it tasted. She wiped the counter off a she waited on her mom to come into the kitchen. 

"You're always cooking something girl." She laughed wiping her face. It looked like she was crying. Kari's face softened and she immediately went to give her a hug making Sarina smile. 

"Mommy what's wrong?" She asked hoping for a straight answer. She was tired of the half answers she was getting from her. As if she was scared to tell her the whole truth. Kari felt like she was old enough to know what ever it is she had going on. 

"Nothing baby. What is it you want me to try?" She walked back to the counter looking at the cupcakes that Kari just got out of the oven. Kari shook her head.

"Mama just know whatever it is, I'm here for you, you can always talk to me." Kari told her. She believed that kind words can help people, thats what her mom always taught her.

She just smiled at her daughter. She was truly proud of the daughter she raised. She was like a direct reflection of her. 

Kari gave Sarina a cupcake to try. She looked at her as she bit into it searching for any signs in her face. 

"You hate it?" Kari sighed she started to think back to what she could have done to change the taste.

"Is it too sweet? Is it not sweet enough?" She started asking questions. Sarina laughed at how nervous she had gotten.

"Calm down, it is delicious. The icing taste very good did you make it?" She asked. Kari shook her head excitedly. She was proud of herself for making it from scratch. Sarina continued praising her daughter's cupcakes. They sat and talked about their days. Kari told her mom about the day she had with August. He had walked to the grocery store with her and helped her a little with the baking before he had to go. 

"I enjoy baking mommy, but I also want to be a doctor." She thought out loud. Truthfully she wanted to do both jobs but she didnt know how practical that was. Kari was very random. The thoughts that ran rapid in her brain were unpredictable. She worried about weird things, and weird things often kept her up at night. 

"And you can." Sarina said playing in Kari's curly hair.

"But how?" She rebutted. She wanted to know how she would be able to run a business and be a doctor at the same time. Was it possible? Would she lose her job for trying to juggle both of them at the same time? 

"Because anything you want to do, you can do it. Nothing is impossible if you put the work behind it." She preached. Kari forever kept those words in her brain, forever circulating in her memory.