Redemption|four.

Flashback.

"Amir you don't mean that." Kari shook her head as she laughed. She looked ahead of her to escape his eyes. They made her feel these feelings she had never in her life felt.

"Yes I do." He grabbed her chin and turned it towards him. He looked at her lips as he licked his seductively. Kari's insides were doing flips. Amir gently pulled her closer, and placed his soft full lips on top of hers.

The way her body reacted to his was in no way she could describe. She could have sworn she felt sparks flying. She pulled away remembering where she was. Amir had drove her home and she wanted to get in to be with her mother because she knew her father was there. She didnt know what, but something was going on and she was going to find out.

Kari smiled at him.

"I love you too. And dont you forget." She said grabbing her bag and books. She pecked his lips once more before getting out and shutting the car door and making her way into the house. She couldnt wait to tell her mom about what had just happened. She walked into the house after unlocking the door with a big smile on her face until she saw her dad dragging her mother's head up and down the counter top.

"Yeah take that shit!" He boasted. Kari had already began to dislike him. He wasnt the same nice man that would take her to the park and race her. He started talking to her and her mom as if they were dogs. Kari being the young lady her mom rasied her to be, and she was getting older and could understand alot of things, she started to talk back to him and let him know when he was wrong and not to talk to her and mom like he was.

"Get your hands off of my mom!" She said dropping her books and charging towards them.

"Ay little girl, back up!" He shouted making her jump.

"Kari, go next door I'll come get you I promise." She spoke in the soft voice.

Without another word she picked up her books and walked out the door.

"Will you let me go, I told you I have a daughter to raise." Sarina cried. He hadnt loosened the grip on the hair at the crown of her head. She tried to shake it lose but it only made it worse.

"Nah, you in my house, you do what I say. I told you to get rid of her a long time ago anyways. She ruining all our fun."He laughed evilishly. Tears sprang out of Sarina's red eyes. Things she said she would never do again, she was now being tortured with, all for her daughter. She had no other choice.

Kari walked next door to Charmaine's house. She answered with a wide grin.

"Girl look at what Trey gave me!" She said excitedly. She was holding Cameron on her hip. She was five years older than Kari meaning she had graduated and all.

"Aww it's so cute!" She cooed at the chain that read "Bishop" on it. It was their last name. Charmaine allowed Kari to come into the house. Kari was so accustomed to coming straight there that Charmaine's mom always left her a section of the pantry for her afternoon snacks.

They sat in the living room and Kari played with Cameron while she ate her snack. Then she started on her homework until her mom came to pick her up. She said a silent prayer to herself for her mother because she had no idea what was going on. Shortly after she finished her homework she felt her eyes getting heavy and she fell asleep on the couch.

_____________________________

Kari's eyes rolled to the back of her head in frustration. She was driving to the grocery store to picl up a couple of items.