Chapter 6: Midnight talk

Shadow's POV

I was back in my bedroom at my old home. When I heard screaming. I then got out of my bed and ran downstairs. I slowly began walking towards the door where the screaming was coming from.

When I got closer to the door. I slowly began to open it. When I opened it I was greeted by the bloody bodies of my parents.

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed seeing their bloody bodies.

"Shadow run get out of here it not safe!" My mom yelled.

I ran over to my parents. "No I won't leave without you," I said hugging them.

"You heard your mother leave. It not safe for you to be here son, " Father said pushing me back.

I then heard a sinister laugh.

"There right kid. Leave before I come after you next," A dark voice said.

I then looked up to see Loki the tall muscular white loin with dark blue eyes. He had a creepy smile on his face.

"Ahh!" I screamed walking back.

"Yeah run away before you die next!" Loki shouted.

"Son hurry go!" Mom and dad yelled before closing their eyes.

"Mom! Dad! Please don't go!" I screamed tears feeling my eyes.

-End of Dream-

I gasp and shot up with tears streaking down my face, breathing heavily. My body shaking and looked around and noticed I was back in my room at the Jade Palace. I then looked at my hoodie and saw the picture of my mom and dad sticking out of my pocket. I calmed down a little, but it wasn't enough; my vision began to blur yet again as I looked at the picture of my parents.

"I'm sorry mom and dad, that I was too weak to protect you, " I wheeze out trying to choke back a sob, but to no avail.

**

Third person's POV

Meanwhile in Tigeress room...

Tigeress was lying asleep when her ear twitched when her tiger-like sense hearing picked up on what sounded like soft muffled sobs. It was faint but Tigeress heard it, nonetheless. She noticed that it was coming from Shadow's room.

Tigeress slowly sat up and looked at the wall with concern. Every since her talk with Master Shifu after training she was starting to kind of care about Shadow. Tigeress then got out of bed and walked out of her room and headed to Shadow's room next door to hers.

As she approached his room, she could hear his sobs more clearly and louder. Hearing this was shocking to her, she didn't see the guy as someone to breakdown crying. Before long Tigeress arrived in front of his door, without knocking she reached for the handle of his door and opened it by sliding it open. Tigeress walked in and what she saw, was so heartbreaking that she didn't think she ever forget it. She saw in the moonlight, the sobbing leopard sitting on his bed hugging his knees, with both of his paws covering his mouth to muffle his sobs. His entire body shook as he wept.

"What wrong with you, " She said leaning against the wall not knowing what else to do.

Shadow jumped and quickly wiped his eyes before turning to face Tigeress.

"Oh, nothing just something in my eye, " he said sheepishly rubbing his neck.

"You had a nightmare didn't you, " She said walking over toward Shadow and sitting on the floor next to his bed.

"What? No of course not... Oh okay yes I did have a nightmare, " he admitted.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked while looking into Shadow's eyes.

"You sure you want to sit here and listen to me talking about my nightmare?"

"I feel bad for being rude to you, and really want to make up for it. So I will sit here and listen to you talking about your nightmare. If it will help show you how sorry I am."

"I already forgave you, but since you are willing to listen then I tell you about it."

"Go ahead then."

"My nightmare was actually about something I really don't like talking about."

Tigeress nodded.

"It was about my parent's death back when I was nine years old. In the dream, I saw their bodies covered in blood, and the guy who killed them try to kill me next." Shadow said tears building up in his eyes. "It not that he tried to kill me that upset me, but the fact I saw dying once again." He finished sobbing again.

Tigeress sighs and surprises Shadow by hugging him. "It okay. I understand what it's like to lose your parents and feel all alone."

"R-really? So then you understand my pain, but at least you found a family. I have nobody."

"I know I haven't been really nice to you, but if you want you can consider me family."

"Thanks, Tigress that sounds great," Shadow said with a small smile. "Anyway keep this between the two of us for now. I tell the others about my past some other time."

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone," Tigeress replied.

"Thanks maybe I share more about my past with you one day. Anyway, we should get some sleep. I have lots of training to do tomorrow, " Shadow said with a yawn.

"Umm yeah, about that, " she said.

"Yeah?" Shadow asked an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing just that Master Shifu wants me to help you with your training."

"I see well that will be interesting. You won't try and kill me right?"

"Don't worry I won't make it too difficult. Anyway, good night, " She said standing up.

"Goodnight and thanks for helping me feel better after having that nightmare," Shadow said laying back down on his bed.

"Your welcome, " She said walking out of the room and walking back to her room after closing Shadow's bedroom door.

🐯🐯🐯

Hey lovely readers

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, don't forget to comment, and vote.

Q: What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Q: How do you think Shadow training will go with Tigeress?

Q: When do you think Shadow will tell the others about his parent's death?

Thank you for reading 💖💖💖