Chapter 7 : Training with Tigeress

Shadow's POV

It was the next morning and Shadow was still kind of shaken up from his nightmare. I got up early before everyone else did and went to the kitchen. I decided that I would cook breakfast for them. As a way to thank them for letting me stay here.

I figure out that someone just wakes up early to cook breakfast. That why there was food always already cooked in the kitchen. I also want to impress Tigeress with my cooking skills. Since I and her are starting to become friends.

It wasn't long when the warriors started roaming in.
"Hey, Shadow. What's all this?" Po asked.

"I wanted to cook for all, to show you my thanks for welcoming me here," I said.

"Someone seems a little better this morning" Tigeress whispered but I heard it thanks to my leopard-sense hearing.

"When you learn to cook Shadow?" Monkey asked.

"Back when I was nine," I said lowering my head a bit. Everyone was surprised that I could cook at nine years old.

"Who taught you?" Viper asked.

"My parents taught me a little bit but I had learned the rest on my own," I replied.

"How come you had to learn the rest on your own?" Crane asked.

"It not something I like to talk about. I answer that in the future let's just eat," I said handed everyone a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Everyone then begins to eat their food.

"This is really good, " Po said surprised.

"Yeah, the eggs taste great, the pancakes are also very soft, and the bacon nice and crispy, " Mantis said. Which made me rub my neck.

"Come on it not that great, " I replied.

"Your wrong it is good, " Tigeress said. Which made me blush. Hearing a compliment from her made me feel so warm and fuzzy. I was so confused about why but decided to ignore it.

Everyone was staring at her surprise that she just compliment me.

"Did you just compliment him?" Viper asked.

"Yes I did, " she replied. "Is that a problem?"

"No, it just that didn't trust him, " Po said.

"Well I didn't at first but he doesn't seem that bad anymore."

Everyone was still surprised at how fast she stopped hating me.

"Anyway, I have been wanting to ask you this but do you have any family back at home in Leopard village?" Po asked.

My eyes widened and I froze and stop eating my food.

"Shadow what wrong?" Viper asked.

"Ugh nothing," I said quickly and went back to eating not wanting to talk about my dead parents.

Everyone was looking at me confused except Tigeress. Since she already knows why I was acting this way.

**
After breakfast, we entered the training hall. I then approached Tigeress as she was setting up the Seven Swinging Clubs of Instant Oblivion. I bowed to her, "Master Tigress. I am ready for my training."

She looked at me before speaking. "I'm going to give you something more difficult than yesterday. The goal is either to avoid the spiky clubs or knock them out of the way. It will help improve not only controlling your strength but also your flexibility will get even better even though it's already pretty good flexibility."