Chapter 12

Ellie’s POV

    Today is the day. It’s Christmas day, and C.J and I would finally be able to share the news of both our engagement and pregnancy to everyone. It was a real challenge to keep the secret this long. I had decided to not wear my ring until today, just so no one would be able to tell. I also stuck to wearing baggier clothes, which I’m sure shocked a lot of my family because I like to dress up and wear clothes that are more form fitting. I also had to stop hugging others as much so that they wouldn’t notice my bump. It was now very obvious that I was pregnant, and I’m already 20 weeks along. I honestly didn’t know how people haven’t found out by now, but I guess we have been really careful. 

    Wilbur is the only one who knows about our engagement and he hasn’t told anyone which we are both really surprised by. I can tell that it’s killing him though, but he only knows about the engagement and not the baby. We are going to meet up with our friends tomorrow for a little christmas of our own, and that’s when we are going to tell them. There have been so many times where I just wanted to spill the beans to Walker, because he kept asking me to shift so he could show me off to his or I guess our friends now. The doctor had warned us that I would not be able to shift while I was pregnant because it would be fatal to the baby, so I had to keep coming up with excuses when he asked. Walker usually just accepted no for an answer which I was grateful for, but my family were a bit more pushy. 

    Since it was our first Christmas together we were a little stuck on whose family we would spend it at. What we decided was that we would spend the first half of the day with my family, and then the rest at C.J’s. Since my immediate family was so big it would cost a fortune for everyone to buy presents, so we did a secret santa. All the adults would have their name put in a hat, and we all took turns pulling out a name, so whosoever name you got would be the person you would buy the present for. And you would keep it a secret so hence the name secret santa. All of the children’s names also got put in a hat, but instead of them picking names the adults would take turns pulling names until there weren’t any left, and they were responsible for buying the presents for those children. It was a great system, and made it so that everyone got presents without breaking the bank. Most of the families also got more presents for each other that they opened at home, but secret santa worked for getting presents for the whole family. The rest of our family lived far away. It was always just my parents and us who spent Christmas together, but we had enough people to never get lonely.  

    Unfortunately I pulled out Drew’s name, but C.J got lucky and pulled my sister Jillian’s name. Technically he wasn’t supposed to tell me, but I threatened him that he couldn’t touch me if he didn’t and he spilled the beans right away. That’s right. I always get what I want even if I have to play dirty.  At first I had no clue what to get Drew because he’s a weirdo, but I still love him and want to get him something that he actually wants. I also helped C.J pick out Jillian’s gift since he had only met her a handful of times. Drew was the ultimate bachelor, but he absolutely still acted like a five year old. So I tried to put myself in the mind of a five year old, and I came up with the idea of getting him this set of sumo suits. I’m sure that he would enjoy playing around with those, and battling my siblings. Jillian on the other hand was 27 and had 4 children that all acted older than Drew. Jillian adores plants and flowers. It’s actually how her and her mate mate. Ben’s a mouse shifter and an omega, and she’s a pretty intimidating Alpha, and apparently he had seen her around highschool but could never bring up the courage to talk to her. My sister was really popular in highschool, and Ben was a big nerd with the funniest glasses. I laughed so hard at their yearbook pictures. Anyways I guess one day, Ben had finally grown the balls to talk to her and went and bought a bouquet of flowers and everything. I guess right as he approached her, and tapped her shoulder she turned around. She didn’t even get to say anything before he shoved the flowers into her hand, and then fainted. Apparently my sister thought that was cute, and that was the beginning of her love for Ben and plants. 

    So anyways, C.J got her this big house plant that was called a fiddle leaf fig plant. We potted it in this big white pot, shoved it in a giant box, and then wrapped it. It looked so funny, and we kept it in my room so that we wouldn’t have to bring it over from C.J’s house. That was it for the adults, and now onto the children.