Chapter 18

C.J’s POV

    We were just relaxing on the couch when something suddenly popped up into my mind. Ellie looked at me in concern after feeling my body jerk a little. 

    “I’m just curious. Have you thought of any names for the baby yet? I know we still have a lot of time left to choose a name, but it completely went over my head until now.” He looked at me like I was crazy before giggling. 

    “You had me worried for a second. I actually have a name that I think is perfect for the baby, but if you don’t like it we can choose a different name. I promise my feelings won’t get hurt” I was surprised that he had a name picked out already considering he had never brought it up. I would definitely remember if he did. 

    “What is it then?” I prompted him to continue. 

    “I was thinking that we could name him August after your father. It wouldn’t be the same name, but it’s really close. I know how close you are to your dad, and your grandpa so I just thought that it would be nice to name our first boy after them.” He looked a little nervous to see my reaction. 

    I gave him a big kiss, “ I love that idea Ellie. We could call him Auggie for short. Did you want to have his middle name have something to do with your dad’s name?” 

    He shook his head, “ No, I thought about it, but he wouldn’t be upset if we didn’t. Plus he already has Jake who is named after him” 

    I nodded in understanding, “ My dad will be overjoyed when he finds out. Are we going to wait to tell him?” 

    “Yeah, I figured we could surprise him when Auggie is born. For a middle name I was thinking that we could use your middle name. When he gets older he might even be called A.J” My mate was just full of great ideas. I agreed with him. August Jamison Delaney sounded absolutely perfect. I couldn’t wait until Ellie became a Delaney after our bonding ceremony. We were waiting until August was at least 6 months old before doing our bonding ceremony because it was a lot of work, and just wouldn’t be realistic to do this far along in the pregnancy or when August is first born. 

    After our conversation we just settled back into the couch for the rest of the day. 

    My mom is driving me crazy. Today is the day of Ellie’s baby shower, and we were decorating the house. It was just going to be some of our family and friends coming, but that was still a lot of people. 

    “Constantine that is too crooked. Move it to the right slightly” I had been dealing with this for the past hour, and she was never satisfied. My dad had abandoned me and hid somewhere in the house so that my mom wouldn't find him. What a traitor!

    “Mom, I don’t think that Ellie will mind if the decorations aren’t perfect. I’m sure he’s just happy that you guys are coming over to celebrate the baby, and shower us in gifts” I saw her stop reluctantly and head off in search of my father who I hope gets his ear chewed off. He deserves it. 

    Ellie had gone to his parents house while we set up. He knew about the baby shower, but we didn’t want to have him worried about setting up his own baby shower so we kicked him out of the house. His mom came over to help us cook, while his dad stayed home to keep him from going insane. He’s 30 weeks pregnant, and he looks as if the baby is going to come out any moment now. I know that it’s still too early, but it certainly doesn’t look that way. 

    He would be here in a couple of minutes, so it was a good thing we just finished. I heard a buzz and quickly walked over to the intercom. It was some of Ellie’s family trying to get into the gate so I buzzed them in. Right after them was Ellie and his dad.