Chapter 14

Ellie’s POV

    College is currently kicking my butt. Why is it that the start of second semester is so hard? Like I just had winter break so why am I struggling so much? I’m now 22 weeks pregnant, and everyone in my classes are now aware. I had been getting a bunch of stares, but it honestly didn’t matter because I always got stares, and they weren’t mean stares. Class hasn’t really been that different, but I have noticed that I’m a lot more tired than before, and I do get bad back pain. I’ve been just trying to get back on track, but my professor wanted to make life hard for me, and assigned a project. Not just any project, a group project. Well is it considered a group project if it’s only two people? Anyways this is one of the classes that is actually more geared towards my major, and is like childcare basics or something. I don’t really know if I’m being honest. We didn’t even get to pick our partner, instead the professor just assigned people together randomly. 

    I got paired with this Alpha male named Connor and he seemed like a cool dude. We agreed to meet up after class to get a head start on the project. I knew that my parents were busy today, and were planning to have a get together with their friends, so I quickly shot C.J a text to see if we could go to his apartment. I knew that we could meet at the library, or he even offered his dorm, but I really just wanted to be somewhere I was comfortable after all of my classes. C.J responded within minutes, and told me that I could use his apartment to do my project at. 

    I opened the door at 3:00 to let Connor in. I led him to the living room, and sat down on the couch. 

    “Hi, how are you?” Connor asked me politely as he took a seat next to me. 

    “I’m doing good. The baby keeps kicking my bladder though.” I really don’t know why I said that, but he didn’t seem to mind and just laughed. 

    “Do you know what we want to do the project on?” He asked, and I thought that we could do our project on how effective children’s shows really are on early learning and development. Connor seemed to like the idea, and soon we were lost in the work. 

Connor is actually really easy to get along with, and I could see us becoming really good friends. IN no time at all we had pretty much finished the hard work, and just had to figure out a way to present the information and get images. The project honestly wasn’t that bad, so it was no wonder that our professor gave us a couple days to work on it. Since we were almost done, and were sick of working on the project Connor and I started to get to know each other. 

I learned that he also has a big family, but he only has five siblings. He was shocked to learn that I was the youngest of nine, considering he was the oldest out of his siblings. I also learned that he’s a fox shifter, and I thought that was really cool because I have never met or even seen a fox shifter before. I don’t know what happened, but all I knew is that I started to get a little angry that I had never seen a fox shifter, so Connor was super sweet and went to the bathroom to shift. He did lock the door on accident, so I giggled when I heard his yips from the bathroom asking to be let out. I then lost it even more, and started to cry in joy as he let me pet him and take pictures. Connor told me that his four younger siblings were all omegas which probably explained why he was so understanding with me and all of my craziness. 

I heard the door open when C.J came home, but I was too busy hugging Connor, “Hey babe… and fox?” 

“C.J this is Connor, and he’s a fox. Isn’t he so cute. I wish I was a fox” I didn’t let go of Connor, but I did look at C.J who looked a little confused, and another emotion that I couldn’t quite place. 

When I finally let Connor go, he rushed off into the bathroom to go change back. He came back out, and shook hands with C.J. We then sat back down, and decided to just finish the project and get it over with.