Chapter 17

Ellie’s POV

    This baby is going to be the death of me. Not only has he been kicking the shit out of me, but now my boobs are starting to lactate which means that once again they are super tender. I remember the first time I noticed yellowish fluid leaking out of my breasts, and C.J started freaking out. I just remained calm, rolled my eyes, and went to my good friend google for answers. Apparently it’s something called colostrum, and it’s perfectly normal. Colostrum is like the precursor to actual milk. I’m over the colostrum phase which is nice, but it’s still annoying to wake up in the morning with two wet patches on the front of my shirt. 

    Other than that, I’m enjoying life and all of it’s ups and downs. Today we were actually going to WackyWorld which is a popular amusement park in Malarne. My parents actually went on their first date there, so every year for their anniversary we all go to celebrate. It was always a really big deal for us, and we looked forward to it all year. I’m 29 weeks along now, but that wasn’t going to stop me from living my best life. Sure, I couldn’t go on any rides but there were other things to do, and I could watch Max who is too short to go on any of the rides. 

    We were having a heatwave this weekend so I wanted to be as comfortable as possible. I’m wearing a light pink form fitting, maternity sundress that Gwyneth bought me last weekend. I also brought my floppy sun hat, and put on some comfortable sandals. C.J was just wearing some shorts and a simple t-shirt. I managed to convince him to match with me so his shirt is the same shade of pink as my dress. We looked good. 

    Instead of us all taking separate cars, we all meet at my parents house and figure out who can fit into whose car. C.J and I are riding with Drew, and Darcy. Drew absolutely hates roller coasters, but always goes on them to avoid being made fun of so today would be very fun for me. 

    When we finally got to the park I could see that everyone was bursting with excitement. It always took forever for us to decide where to go first, but we finally decided to start off easy by going on Drowsy Drivers. It was this little ride where the people sat in a taxi where the driver fell asleep, and you would take lots of sharp turns to avoid crashing into buildings and even other cars with other park goers in them. It was a good ride for younger kids especially. A lot of the kids were still too young and short to go by themselves so their parents or Aunt/uncle had to go with them. C.J got dragged away by my niece Melody as the rest of them rushed into the line. 

    I am on Max duty today, and the little boy looked so cute. He was wearing this cute shirt with a mouse surfing on it, and some khaki shorts that matched. We sat down at a bench to the side as we waited for them to finish the ride. He scrunched up his nose as I applied a thick layer of sunscreen to his face. 

    “I no like it Uncle Ellie” He tried to push my hands away, but I kept on before moving on the rest of his body. 
    “Hey you’re going to appreciate me when you don’t end up burnt like the rest of your family Maxie” He just rubbed his face into my side and sat down on the bench next to me. I knew that it would be the two of us waiting on the others for most of the day so I packed a small bag of stuff that I put on the bottom of his stroller. I was really happy that Jonathon decided to bring the stroller. It made things a little easier. In the bag I packed a coloring book and some crayons for him to do so that he didn’t get bored. It was one that had a whole bunch of different types of shifters to color. We were working on one of tigers doing ballet when I saw them walking towards us laughing in joy. I packed up the coloring book, and put Maxie into his stroller as the rest of them figured out what to do next. 

    It was Mason’s turn to pick so of course he picked Joe’s Junkyard which is the fastest ride at the whole park. It goes 82 miles per hour, and Mason has absolutely loved it since he was tall enough to ride it for the first time. I could see the pure fear in Drew’s eyes, but he tried to stay strong when eight year old Allen asked him to be his partner for the ride. The line was about forty five minutes long so Max and I decided to look in a few of the stores that were around the area.