Chapter 4: Riot

Alaska and Jeffrey are staring at me, with furrowed eyebrows. Oh, crap. They're frowning and disappointed. The light turns green, and I immediately step on the gas pedal, making the tires screech. I drive on into the night, going back home. I don't care if Anna is busy with Spencer - I have nowhere else to go.

I'm glad that my birthday was on a Friday - I don't have to see Alaska or Jeffrey for the whole weekend. I pull up in the apartment's parking lot, and turn off the truck. I clumsily make my way out the door, almost dropping the keys. Walking up the stairs of the apartment, I open the door without knocking, and instantly close it.

They are super loud.

I open the door, not bothering to be disturbed, and set my keys down on the counter. I really hope that it was just my imagination back at the red light. It couldn't be those two. The squeaking bed interrupt my thoughts. I sigh, walking towards the bedroom. Oh, great! Even better, is that they're literally under the sheets.

I cough, leaning on the wall casually. "You know," I comment. "I would say get a room, but." I motion an arm around the whole place. "Too late." Anna scrambles out from under the sheets, breathing hard.

"Cynthia!" she pants, covering herself. Spencer does the same. Why am I not being affected by any of this? I feel nothing. Perhaps it's because Kyle set me off to another planet, infuriated. "I told you not to come!" she mouths at me, glancing at Spencer, who has now rolled beside her, slipping his shirt on.

"Anna!" I mock in her shocked tone. "I had no where to go," I say flatly. "I wasn't going to go to the club, especially by myself. You're crazy if your brain even functioned one percent on that thought."

Spencer purses his lips, avoiding eye contact with me. I shrug off my coat, pretending like I just didn't walk in on animals having erotic sex, and hang it up. "Something strange happened," I say. When I turn back around, Anna is already fully dressed, her cheeks flushed. Her lip curls in disgust, revealing her silver braces.

Her skinny jeans stick tightly around her curvy legs, as well as her strapless shirt. She looks beautiful, even with just-fucked hair. I don't know if Anna just lost her v-card, but I hope she did. Was this her first time? She never divulged about her sex life. It's like a top secret file in the damn military.

"Cynthia, just spill the damn beans!" She growls, grabbing a brush and running it through her caramel hair. She's furious. I shouldn't have interrupted. Oops. Spencer is also scowling at me like I just kicked a puppy and laughed about it. "This is my apartment too," I say quietly, and he runs a hand through his hair in response, staying silent.

"I drove around for a little while," I begin.

"That's it?" Spencer throws at me. I roll my eyes, shaking my head.

"No, idiot. Let me finish," I put on a sweet smile, kicking off my tan flats. I wiggle my toes, glancing at my blue toe-nails. Anna groans, throwing herself back on the pillow. "Next time, we're going to your place." She mutters to Spencer.

"Alaska and Jeffrey were my car neighbors at a stop light." I announce, and Anna gets up abruptly, her blue eyes wide. "What?" she shrieks. "Did they see you?"

"Yep, they were glaring at me, almost. I know it's the weekend, but we need to talk to them on Monday."

"I have school on Sunday. It'll be quicker and easier if I start off with smoothness." She says calmly, slipping out of bed. "You can deal with the er, crashing part."

"What?" I snap. "No, the party was your idea. So was inviting Kyle, so shut it, Annabeth."

"Oh, really?" Anna steps forward, frowning deeply. I step ahead also, closing the distance between us. "Well, it's not my fault that Kyle ruined the whole thing by making a pass at you!"