PROLOGUE

THIS story begins when Bathala had his first children namely Lidagat and Lihangin, who produced potential heirs to his throne and shall rule the sky like he did for a long time. Four primordial children they were called, each of them was blessed containing the parts of the Supreme God himself: his flesh, his power, and his spirit.

The eldest son was the flesh, the two other sons were the power, and the only daughter was the spirit.

Yet, due to unforeseen events and the nature of fate... a tragedy occurred.

He only remembered braiding the glass-like yet smooth hair of his dearest little sister, Lisuga, as she hummed the sweetest melody of all, while two of their older brothers, Likabutan and Liadlaw, were having a spar to know whose strength, power, or brute, is the strongest.

Their godparents, as the guardians of the world, were always away to perform their daily divine rituals; bringing life upon earth as they share each other's spiritual power to maintain the balance of the world. A duty they have been born with and shall pass on to their kin, as they were the bringer of life to the wasted land.

Because of this, they were not able to prevent their children from passing.

There was no moment that the young god remembers that his godparents have fought, nor his siblings have clashed.

Nothing at all.

All that is important for them was being together as a family, bonded by the mark their forefather have given unto them.

A fleeting moment it was, to be gone so easily like a speck of dust.

From joy to grief.

From singing to weeping.

From healing to bleeding.

As if the tale from before time haunted him, like a deadly old rust.

All he saw was the tremendous shaking of heaven and earth, thunders and bolts of lightning uproar, waves of rage crashed to the shoresㅡ of every memory he once sought, turned into nightmares that he wished to forget.

He had to witness how his own eldest brother fell from the skies, its body splattered all over the earth's den. While his younger brother slowly loses the ember of his heart, a comforting flame that they all adored about himㅡ he had one last glance before he was blown away by the hustling wind, forever gone, forever dimmed. Alas, his unfortunate dearest little sister was not forsaken, she too has fallen, her body shattering into pieces as it cried for his name one last time then becoming one with the darkness.

Among the primordial children, he knows how little he can contribute to the nourishing earth, and how he badly wants to hide away in every corner of the earth just so no one could see him.

He knows how little interest he has in the world their godparents have guarded for the longest time. He knows how his siblings enjoy and dream of being able to be with their godparents upon ascension.

So, why? He asked.

He felt his heart shattering into pieces after witnessing their demise one by one, completely losing himself over the flashes of lightning that took away his precious siblings.

His voice that was never been heard due to his reserved nature, can now be heard from all over heavens and down below, as he screamed so loud for help, unable to speak.

Glistening tears formed on his metallic grey orbs, streaming down his pale cheeks as he watched them all fade in front of his eyes. He tried reaching out, tried grabbing even just one of them, called out their name, and even begged to spare them for they never did wrong against the tyrant god above throwing blades of thunders, whom they called Bathala.

It was the day he lost his family and the day when the world begins to progress as a habitat for the living beings that his grandfather has put forth and createdㅡ the mortals.

Black goes his vision, the light in his eyes disappearing as his frail body gave up on its own and was thrown to the sea… a little while, the 'moon deities' have found him and took him home back to the heavens, for he resembles the beings of the 'Lunar Realm'.

The Supreme God, Bathala, upon receiving the news that one of the primordial children survived, he immediately created the 'Seven Moons' who will have to take good care of the last remaining heir of the skies while he gradually grows into a fine young god that he is meant to be.

The Lunar deities also had to erase the memories he had, per request by the Supreme God, that may resolve him to avenge the demise of his siblings and wreak havoc across the heavens and earth. It was his only way of making it up for his last grandson and atoning for the sin he did to his own family.

By atoning, he collected the remains of Likabutan and turned them into the land that humans set foot on, and Lisuga was made into stars that will guide them when the moons shall take over while the sun will rest.

It was never enough atonement, he knew.

Despite all his effort to avoid this tragedy from happening, it was already embedded in his fate that it must happen for a greater purpose.

Then, he heard a voice once more just like before, warning him that the remaining heir of the Sky will become his greatest rival and shall seek revenge and rule over the heavens.

To refrain that from happening, he told the deities of the Lunar Realm to seal off the powers that he has connecting to the Sky Realm, although it may have to alter his memories. He must keep him away from remembering what had happened and make sure that his last heir will live his life well, far from cruelty and deviance.

And so, many time have passed.

The earth has flourished, and many deities have been born since then.

He grew up with no memories of his past and became the most sought for god of all, a promising deity of the Lunar Realm. None has ever caught sight of his face nor spoken to him, rumors only flew along with the wind saying that he doesn't know how to interact with others because of his title. While some still adored the reserved moon deity, hoping that one day they will get to see his face up close. They assumed that he must be of beauty for the palace to keep him for so long without a single sight.

They kept him well for ages and taught him many rituals to strengthen the power of the moons because they all noticed subtle signs of him being the next potential moon guardian of the Lunar Realm.

Even though he cannot take control of the seven, he is still acknowledged by them. He has this strong connection with the Seven Moons that makes him inevitably powerful. His exquisite divine beauty was also being talked about outside his chambers, wondering what he looks like, if he truly is the most beautiful moon deity of all, since they never knew anything about him other than praising and pleasing him.

But for the elder goddesses who see him every day, they cannot deny the fact that he looks more just like his grandfather, the Supreme God of the Sky while having several features that he inherited from his godparents as well, Lidagat and Lihangin.

They know the threat it will bring to the other goddesses from the other divine realms and how many of the selfish gods will take him for their own accord. So, in conclusionㅡ the moon god must be kept sanctified inside his holy palace, where people from below will remember him more for his purity and grace.

His believers are mostly mortal men who are encouraged to sing and dance to please the moon god, since they firmly believe that men who can do what women do, must be held in a high position and be respected.

Like the god of the moons named Libulan.

--

Disclaimer:
This story is purely fictional. Unless otherwise stated, the plot or stories including the characters, deities, places, events, terms, names etc. that are mentioned in this story are made and used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or deceased, it is purely coincidental. The author is not a professional writer.

Plagiarism is a crime.

&& Stilleaislengeach.