CHAPTER 19-20

AN AWFUL sight it might be, but the mortal realm has to suffer for a longer time while Libulan was still unconscious and recovering. The crops have withered, sea animals were nowhere to be found, the local folks could not travel by boat anymore because the wind couldn't bring them to where their destination is, and the night sky became a canvass of nothingness.

No moons, no light, no stars.

Just emptiness.

The shamans of each village that worships the Seven Moons have been given blurry dreams about the situation of their god, and even if it may seem fogged, it was enough to inform everyone that they are in grave danger.

All believers must offer anything to strengthen the power of the moon god, to bring him back, and to bring back the moons in the sky.

Without him, there will be eternal darkness. They were also warned about the coming invasion of every grotesquely looking being from the Lower realm that was rumored to be true, and that they have to be prepared for it.

"The Datus have held a meeting, we will know what precautions we should take to prevent another loss of families," a local villager said towards his comrades as they waited patiently for whatever news their leaders had to bring forth.

"Why is the Moon goddess gone, Abah?" a little child asked, curious about the darkness that shrouded the night. She knows well that the Seven moons always glow, for each day, in every week. But lately, she can no longer play outside because of this, she and the other kids began to wonder.

"Oh, sweetheart- Uhm," the father, a local farmer, chuckled nervously as he patted his daughter's head, "maybe she is busy? We never know but the moons will be back, darling. Don't worry."

There are so many things that the adults would keep from the little ones, aside from businesses and daily routineㅡ one is the existence of Kaluwalhatian and the Moon deity being a god rather than a goddess.

"The sun glows brightly behind the darkened moon," said one of the local villagers, and everybody began to look above the sky, witnessing the eclipse, "what does this mean for us?"

EVER since the Castigation, and the disappearance of the moon god, the Sun Pavilion became lively yet busy again. Various prayers from the Mortal realm have alarmed the Sun god that beings from the Lower world have already begun the terror in each village and lives were slowly depleting each day. They asked for guidance and blessings for the brave warriors who dedicated their lives to protect their people from harm.

Apolaki cannot believe he will be this distraught for a moment. He now wonders if his movement was right or a mistake all along?

"Aming Diyos, we still cannot find any traces from the Serpent god of Laya. All of the sealed mythical creatures have been taken as well by some unknown being," one of his trusted generals reported upon returning from Laya. None of them holds nor captured anything that could have pointed them out the hiding place of the Serpent god.

It irritated the sun god even more.

"Do not come back here with empty hands to show, do whatever it takes to capture that beast, or else I will see to it that you will burn until no ashes can be seen," he warned them from his golden throne, his side cheek leaning on his knuckles as he crossed his leg over the other, looking down at his generals while they shiver in terrible fear.

If Apolaki is known to all deities and mortals being the most joyous and delighted god of allㅡ to his people, he is the most frightening of all. No one has ever escaped the burning of his Sun nor planned on going against the Sun god. They know exactly how futile it is to refuse when their lives can never be taken back ever again.

This is the reigning god of terror of the Solar Realm.

"Understood!" they all replied in a chorus before scurrying away towards their designated area and reminded themselves to never return not until even a scale from Bakunawa will be taken.

At the far corner of the hall, a silhouette can be seenㅡ Adlaw stood there, witnessing his Father's terror against his people. At first, he didn't mind this because he was always taught that this is only how the gods of the Sun rule over their subjects. But upon staying at the Moon Palace, he realized that threatening and ruling are two different things that must be separated.

"It's not yet Summer Solstice and yet you are here," Apolaki spoke without batting an eye over his son's direction, no longer using his usual tone.

No, THIS is his usual tone.

Apolaki only wants to impress other gods and beings for being a good-mannered father but, he is not, at all.

Summer Solstice is another term for Conquest when it comes to the Solar Realm. They use this as a code whenever they will plan on conquering another realm by not initiating harm nor fight.