CHAPTER 3-4

LIBULAN may have been knowledgeable on certain scriptures, laws (mortal and deity), and simple information regarding other godsㅡ he is known by the goddesses who took care of him to be a gullible god. It is easy to make him believe in stories that did not even happen in the first place. An example of this was when he used to be a child god, Malyari would tell him stories about lurking beasts and monsters from above and below. As a god who have never been outside his palace, everything outside the Lunar realm was a scary place for him. So, it was effortless for the two moon goddesses to keep the moon god from leaving the palace since, as mentioned, Libulan is a gullible god ever since he was a child.

The moon god, at heart, is a child after all.
Confused he was, Libulan was dead silent over the statement he heard from Sidapa while silvery tears raced down his glittering cheeks, unsure if he should be scared now or ask the two goddesses regarding this fact. But he knows that there is a serpent from the scriptures; a vile beast that gobbles up moon deities, he just forgotten it was named Bakunawa. Truly something worth fearing for. The god of death loses his composure over the sight of Libulan shaking in fear but still unmoving from his position. Sidapa felt guilty for making the guardian cry on their first meeting, eventually disregarding the fact that Bakunawa is Bakunawa.

He just thought to himself that the god whom Libulan was waiting for is probably someone who uses an alias, in the embarrassment of introducing themselves to the effeminate moon god.

Who wouldn't?

Libulan is not worth of any less but more.

"But! That is all but a tale, beloved moon god," Sidapa decided to ease up the tension, chuckling a bit as he reached out to wipe away the silvery tears of Libulan that left a mark on his fingers, gently not to hurt the moon god.

They were not any ordinary tears, indeed. The god of death was fascinated, "don't weep, for your friend might be only using such name to hide their identity. Most gods would do such thing whenever they fell for such delicate features."

Libulan sniffled, fixing his veil as he let Sidapa wipe away his tears, finally, a smile curled up on his lips again, he agreed on what the god of death said, and Sidapa was relieved to see that.

Maybe the strange god was indeed embarrassed to introduce his true name, especially if they are minor deities.

"Mhm! He is a friend! He is kind like the god of Madjaas," Libulan smiled sweetly, hiding both of his hands behind him as he looked up to the god of death who is about to lose himself over the sight he is seeing in front of him.

He wants to take Libulan away and live with him in Madjaas, but he knows that they just met, so it is impossible for now.

Sidapa stood tall in front of Libulan, muscular and intimidating as he may look, and his dark imprints that are in contrast with the latter's silver ones. A luminous skin against a golden tanned one, he can see their differences being deities of two different realms. His dark cape cascading behind him as if they were shadows following him, wearing his black bahag, decorated with assorted lines and patterns of death and trees, and his golden crown that looks like a golden horn whenever you stare at it for a long, long timeㅡ Sidapa knew the latter might get scared of his appearance, but it relieved him that Libulan didn't even think of running.

All his devious plans on Libulan have been wiped off upon seeing the innocence of the young god up close. He felt bad for being selfish and trying to have the moon god to himself.

"He took to me to a wonderful place I never see in the textbooks, it was majestic," Libulan shared to the death god whose attention was fully on him, not even batting an eyelash nor skipping a beat of his heartㅡ everything, is all about Libulan now.

His hands were itching to touch his delicate features, his porcelain skin, bare waist and hips and thighs that were so slim and tenderㅡ he wondered what the young god would feel like under his touches.

"I can take you to wonderful places, as well," Sidapa said with confidence, even if he knew that he can never go back to the Skies, there are still places where he can take the moon god, like in Madjaas.

Libulan's luminous metallic silver eyes twinkled even if Sidapa cannot see them, but before he could ask Sidapa about the places, the moon goddesses were calling out for the name that caused him to turn around, telling them where he is and when he looks back at Sidapa, he was no longer there along with his Sylphs.

"Where did he go?" Libulan thought to himself, while the moon goddesses are closing in to take him back to his chambers. He looked around one last time and still, no presence of the death god.

Even his only friend.

"What were you doing at the restricted grounds?"

"I… I talked with the god of Madjaas," Libulan replied in a small voice while playing with the beads and linen of his bahag, not wanting to look at the strict Mayari.

Mayari only sighed in disbelief while Malyari motioned him to come with them inside. Libulan knew that he did something again that he was not supposed to be doing and that made him feel disappointed in himself.
They have been like this to him, and he understands that they are doing this for his own sake and safety. Besides, he does not know much about the realms outside his own, so he relies on them a lot. Getting a scold from either one of them is something that Libulan treated as a normal routine for him.

Mayari questioned Libulan upon returning with Malyari, her tone was strict and intimidating as he looked down at the kneeling figure of the guardian whose lips were forming into a pout, his veil was fully removed, and his features can be seen. Especially when you can see his pretty long lashes and luminous orbs.

Libulan is a handsome god whose features can stun even the blazing sun.

The other moon deities working for them have their backs turned against him since they are forbidden to look at his features for some reason. But they are fully aware of how handsome and good-looking their god is, the thought of this brings so much joy to many moon goddesses already.

"My, my, Maya. You don't have to be harsh towards our little moon, he told us that he met the god of deaㅡ."

"He left the banquet unannounced, just because he is the Chosen One, it doesn't mean we would let him do things that we forbid," Mayari interrupted the goddess of the eight rivers, earning an exasperated sigh from the other.

They ended up arguing over the matter while Libulan only looked at his pinkish knees, yawning in the process as his silky black hair has returned again.

Malyari noticed this, the only Lunar deity whose hair can change into shades of silver, white, and black, as she smiled with fondness.

Libulan has been always like this every time she and Mayari would discuss things regarding the duties and rules they impose on the moon god. The little moon god they have taken care of for so long has grown up to be the finest god of all realms. Malyari could not believe that Libulan is now the guardian of the Seven Moons.

But the other goddess seems to be stricter to him.

“I do not allow Libulan to go outside our realm."

“Mayari, please, not this again.”

Malyari told him about this, about his freedom, yet Libulan himself decided to stay inside his chamber regardless of being the guardian. He got comfortable with how he grew up alone inside his little room, along with his textbooks and ancient scrolls. The moon god knew he didn't need to explore the realms outside anymore.

But Malyari knew something inside Libulan have sparked a bit...

She knows that Libulan needs a friend in his lifetime, and she kept that secret to herself, for as long as the little moon god she adored will be happy.

"Our little moon, my dear. Kindly go upstairs now and wash up, you have a lot of rituals to do tomorrow, okay?" Malyari noticed the young god that was about to fall asleep as he knelt, his knees were already flush pink from the kneeling, so she shook his shoulders, waking him up a bit. The moon god only nodded while rubbing his heavy eyelids, he went back to his chambers while the two elder moon goddesses continued their argument.

It was a long tiring day for him even if he didn't participate in many events, the energy from the seven moons has already drained him at that. He took off the veil that was resting on his head, and next were his anklets, bracelets, and necklaces. Removing his white bahag and changing his attire into a silky white robe, then plopped himself onto his mattress, bouncing, as he hugged his pillow made from pieces of cotton from the clouds that put extra comfort rather than the kinds of cotton that mortals used.

Just as when he was about to doze off to the world of dreams, warm touch on his back woke him up from his drowsiness, opening one eye to take a peek at his surroundings. The mattress felt like someone had sat upon it aside from him, causing him to flutter his eyes open this timeㅡ and swear to gods, a smile forming perfectly on his luscious lips upon seeing the being he has been waiting for so long.

"It is you!"

The mysterious god lifted his lips to smile a bit as he rested his head on his palm, lying sideways from Libulan as he softly caressed Libulan's soft black hair. He, too, was deeply in bliss to see his favorite moon god lying down on his bed, exposing his tender thighs and slim legs while his body was curved perfectly as he tried to sleep a while ago. Bakunawa regretted waking him up, he could have just looked at him the whole night.

"Hello, guardian of the Seven moons," he greeted, brushing his fingertip on Libulan's cheek who immediately sat up to give the mysterious god an embrace of longing. Their body pressed together made Bakunawa's eyes widen, even if Libulan was wearing something, he knew that the fabric was too thin that he can feel the latter's warmth.

"You missed me?" he whispered in his ears, inhaling Libulan's sweet scent while rubbing his back to comfort the moon god. Earning a nod from the other made Bakunawa chuckle a bit as he let Libulan rest his head on his bare chest with his delicate hands holding onto his shoulders, letting the moon god listen to his heartbeat.

"What kind of flower did you use for your bath tonight?"

"I didn't take a bath," Libulan lazily replied, voice as soft and tiny as ever, completely different from the first time that they metㅡ when Libulan looked like a dead being, only focusing on books and rituals.