CHAPTER 9-10

Pag-iisang dibdib.

To mortals, it is called a marriage.

To the divinities, it has more importance for the two deities involved, it gives them more power and more believers.

The union between two deities allows to strengthen one's domain. It has been a common tradition from the first generation until the third generation of deities. They have been practicing such to preserve the belief and faith that the mortals have for them, and new young gods and goddesses will be assigned to handle what the previous deities have left. It comes in many advantages between the two but there are also disadvantages to consider especially when the dominant realm shall take his bride home to his assigned place.

"I…have not read that in the books," Libulan blinked, dumbfounded by the proposal that the god of death has made while the rest felt variety of emotions as they looked at Sidapa.

He always acts on his own that no one dares to interject nor go against his wishes. His decisions are always firm and final, regardless of the result, for as long as it goes with his line of duty as the keeper of life and death.

This is also one of the many reasons why he left Kaluwalhatian for solitude.

But going back to Libulan, he may have read textbooks about the rules and laws about the heavens; yet was never allowed to read anything related to marriage. The goddesses strictly forbid their guardian to be married off with another god because it will deplete the spiritual energy coming from the seven moons. Also, there is a possibility that their believers would decrease, and they would not let this happen.

So, technically speaking, he had no idea what this all means.

"Oh my, I cannot believe what I am seeing,” Dian began laughing, followed by a cough from Amanikable who didn't seem to expect the god of death to be this bold enough to offer marriage in front of everybody.

"Are you insane?!" Luyong hissed at him, pointing her sharpened spear against Sidapa.

Though Amanikable was quick enough to calm down the goddess of tides. The said goddess have been a faithful companion with the moon deities before and after Libulan, her fondness and adoration to them never seizes, so discovering that Sidapa actually wanted to marry the new guardian is something displeasing for the goddess.

"Not as insane as you are," Sidapa retorted back, earning a low growl from the merman who were with Luyong Baybay for disrespecting their goddess.

Libulan noticed how bad it must be for the rest of the guardians to hear such proposal, he became uncertain of what he was going to say. Because this will all reflect to Sidapa, who is deadly serious at the moment as he stares at the moon guardian as if he was the only god that exists inside the hall.

"This will be a great wedding, no one would dare to conquer the Lunar realm when the guardian is married off to the feared god of Madjaas," Apolaki chuckled, rather calm, behind his glass before taking a drink, entertained by how things are going on.

"Hmm, I heard that there are gods who are trying to expand their domains by conquering a minor realm!" Dian exclaimed.

"But we are not a minor realm," Mayari firmly told them.

"Yet, the guardians of the moons are destined to be swallowed by the serpent of the sea, am I right?" The guardian of the sun hinted that immediately sent involuntary shivers to Libulan that he almost backed away from the table, but Malyari caught him. He was not taken aback because of what Apolaki said but what he knows about the serpent of the sea. Libulan fears that if they knew about Bakunawa being alive and real, he cannot imagine what will they all do to him.

"Father, I think that is enough."

Surprisingly, the younger sun god intervened this time, and he caught everyone's attention. They never heard him talk during special occasions, despite being always around his father. He has been sitting quietly beside Apolaki on every occasion, and everyone was surprised to see him talk for the first time. He is usually known for his stoic and cold demeanor, the opposite of Apolaki's charm and lively personality. Additionally, he is one of the fearsome war gods from the Sun Pavilions that nobody wants to cross blades with.

He remained undefeated.

"Father is always like this to other newly appointed deities. I begged for your kind consideration, Guardian of the seven moons," the younger Sun god bowed his head a bit as a sign of respect towards Libulan, and he even nudged his father's arm to do the same.