EPILOGUE

AFTERMATH

IT was the most gruesome sight for the sky to witness, where the sea reflected the red blood that have been seeping through the waters, coming from every corpse that each grotesque monsters have to tear apart or eat away. They were only created to wreak havoc and pay no heed to cries nor screams. Every mortal has started to lose their faith in their gods, as they looked up high, and only to be reminded of the situation of their entire world.

"Our gods have forgotten about us, they all forgotten about us! They left us to die in vain, they never cared anymore nor showed mercy!"

“The heavens loathed us! We are abandoned!”

The villagers wept in agony, as they knelt on the bloody soil that they once considered home, mourning over the death of their loved ones who fought the lurking monstrosities to protect women, children, and elder people alike. They sacrificed themselves for the greater good, hoping and relying on their fiery embers to the deities who promised them eternal peace and prosperity.

"When will this all end for us? The gods... no longer hears our calls... are we all left to perish?"

Their lifeless prayers became an indication for these monsters to attack the villagers once more, leaving no one alive and breathing, ravaging every single house they could find, and devouring every flesh they see.

These poor powerless humans can no longer fight back without their warriors, so the choice that has been left for them to choose is to die tonight.

Warrior of the North, hear my prayer say, harnessing the oriented pearl, consume all those who went astray.

"Lidagat, goddess of the sea, I obey. Into the water, cold and deep," an unknown voice echoed throughout the forest, reaching the villagers, and halted the monsters from approaching the mortals. It made them wary, anxious, and territorial upon hearing that chant.

A chant that will drown them until they can never be heard of.

"The m-monsters... they are being... strangled by the water?"

Hail oh hail the Warrior of the South, cleanse thy heart of shudder and vain, go back into the light from whence you came!

"As pure as one can be, I command you all to disappear into the void once again," and another spoken, making them all grotesque beings shrill in agony, and cry in pain as they get swallowed by the bright light coming from the forest.

Just then, a young man came running towards them with herbs and clothing in hand to heal the survivors of the attack, and behind him were two powerful entities that never showed themselves to mortals until someone needed their help.

"Th-those tattoos... are you..." an elder from the villagers pointed out, trembling in fear as he recognized the pattern embedded in their bodies. These are the patterns given by Bathala himself after passing a trial that the Lord of the skies can only bestow.

"Yes, exactly what you thought, Apuh," one of them smiled, kneeling on their level to help the strange young man heal every wounded villager.

"I apologize for the late help, we cannot move hastily without any permission from a higher god like Bathala himself," and the other bowed his head, offering them flowers as comfort and gift.

"THE LAKANS!" they all screamed in joy.

MOST of the dead bodies that were being buried after the attack, belonged to fallen warriors, and high priests who assisted the warriors in every move they make. Since no one else could pray for their lost souls, the Lord of Purity, Lakambini, did all the rituals and offerings for them.

"Lakan Bakod sends his deepest condolences to all the brave mortals who fought for the safety of everyone else. His caravan of supplies and materials will arrive soon to help each village, do not worry anymore," Lakan Danum reassured them all, and they could not help but thank them endlessly. They all thought that it is finally the end for them, but they never expected these children of Bathala would respond to their prayers.

"Which god summoned you to bring safety and protection towards us, poor mortals, Aming Lakan? "

Lakan Danum smiled through his eyes, as he turned his head towards the busy young man they brought along with them, who seems to be exhausted from all the healing and carrying but never once thought of complaining about the pain.

I pray for your guidance, Lakans! Please, please hear my call.

"Is he a new Lakan? I have never seen such strange features in every village, he is very... timid looking," they asked the mighty Lakan Danum, but he only smiled at them, patting their hands as a sign of comfort before returning his gaze on the young man once more.

"Strange he may be," Lakan Danum chuckled a bit, "but he was able to summon our name without any difficulty."

"Who... is he?"

Lakan Danum stood up to help Lakambini with his rituals, but before he could walk away, he replied to the question of the curious villagers.

"Bulan," he said.

&&

end.