CHAPTER 11-12

BAKUNAWA knows that he is not the best at consoling someone since he was only created to wreak havoc and invoke fear among mankind, but for the moon god, he was able to comfort him without worrying that Libulan might not stop crying. Luckily, the moon god was already comforted by the presence of the serpent god and Bakunawa did not need to put much effort on that. After that, he began to tell Bakunawa about something he never noticed before during his early days as a godchild.

The moon goddesses hiding something from him.

"I saw... something and some deities in my dream but I cannot recall their faces every time I try to draw them nor look at them through my memories. It was... as if... I don't mean to see them..." Libulan confusingly narrated as he tried to remember some bits of the dream he saw but it only gave him a piercing headache in return.

He can only see those things vividly again if he would be sleeping only. But this became a problem to the moon god himself, he cannot sleep well for the past few moons of his livingㅡ he was always disturbed about the images he saw in his dream.

Before, there were only voices, and now, they were getting clearer and clearer that it starts to freak out Libulan.

Bakunawa can see how much Libulan was struggling from whatever it is that made him cry, so he lifted up the moon god from his seat and placed him on his own lap. The moon god plopped on the serpent god's lap but smiled after, facing Bakunawa as he playfully poked the serpent god's face with his silvery magic, leaving traces of sparkles on Bakunawa's face.

“I am sorry, I made you stay away,” Bakunawa apologized, looking down in guilt but the moon god only leaned on him.

“If you wanted to eat me so badly, why can’t you do it?” The serpent was flabbergasted that he has to hold Libulan away and check if he did carry Libulan and not an illusion created by Nuno.

“Y-you knew?”

“Have you forgotten? I read a lot,” Libulan shrugged.

The serpent god cannot believe that this is the reaction he will be receiving from a moon god like Libulan, he was expecting the moon god to slit his throat or something for vengeance. But he is not capable of that since Libulan is a gentle moon god.

“I will tell you everything when we have the time, but for now, we will focus on you, all right?” Bakunawa smiled fondly, leaning back to Libulan’s forehead while the latter only chuckled by his gesture.

“About that… odd that a heavenly deity like you is having a vision," Bakunawa changed the topic, thinking seriously while Libulan was having fun doodling random shapes on his face, so he tickled the moon god for putting on whiskers on his cheek.

"I haven't heard of that name before; it is not part of the studies…" Libulan asked after laughing from the tickles he received from Bakunawa.

The serpent god snorted when he heard the word 'studies', his experiences alone can be deemed as knowledge that can be shared to anyone else but of course, he wouldn't do that. Only a few knew who he really was before he became the pandemonium's master.

"I have no time to read books and drown myself into boundless knowledge when I could seek knowledge myself," he boasted that only made the ever-genius Libulan frown, "As I was saying… you were dreaming right? Dreams are like memories, images, and they sometimes have voices of beings whom we are familiar with."

It made the moon god speechless, he had not read about this, about the dream, and its significance to every living being in this world.

Truth is, he did not go back to sleep, his consciousness stayed after being calmed down. He was able to witness the conversation between Malyari and Mayari as well that night. It was the only time he caught the two talking about him in which he has no idea on why they would keep it as a secret from him.