CHAPTER 13-14

SOARING high above the skies, Libulan enjoyed the majestic view of the mortal's realm, where the bird of misfortune is said to be hiding. The heavens above may have the most promising paradise to see but he can never deny how beautiful the world of these mortals can be. A breathtaking sight from above totally overwhelmed the moon god as he raised his arms to feel the gentle breeze.
For a second, he thought someone have embraced him just like how the wind seems to be fond of his alluring presence.

He glanced at the sleeping figure of the god beside him, snoring peacefully as if nothing could ever disturb his peace. Libulan had a moment to examine his mesmerizing and unique features. The mysterious god has one thick braided hair with emerald curl tips on its end, his imprints can be mostly seen on his arms and chest area, his bushy eyebrows kept furrowing, and what caught Libulan's attention since the beginning was the long scar he has on the side of his lips.
He wondered where he could possibly get such old wounds that seemed to have almost ripped his mouth off.

Though, his ever-glowing red eyes would always fascinate the younger god. It shimmers warmth and tenderness in them, unlike the scriptures he read about gods having red eyes that said to be depicted as demons by the mortals. Bakunawa never showed any threat to him, nor an uncomfortable feeling.

But Bakunawa then started groaning in his sleep, huffing, and gritting his teeth as if he was in torment. It worried the moon god, but Sari immediately calmed him when he also felt him through their connected energy.

"Master frequently has Visions of his pasts whenever he would be on a journey," Sari told him as he gently flapped his wings to keep heading to their destination without making the two uncomfortable from the flight. The moon god was relieved a bit but since Bakunawa explained to him what Visions are and that he sees what his past life wasㅡ it was just unsettling for him to imagine.

"H-how long has it been?" Libulan asked as he laid Bakunawa's head on his lap, caressing his cheek, soothing whatever the serpent god might be feeling right now. Bakunawa unconsciously leaned on Libulan's hand, slowly breathing normally again.

"That, I cannot answer, guardian of the moons."

"…It is alright, I hope we arrive soon so he can feel better," Libulan smiled softly, and Sari nodded in return.

AFTER a while, they finally arrived at the entrance towards Himpapawid, the sanctuary of birds that mortals would also call Pugad ng Lawin. Most of the magnificent birds can be seen here, and they are all under the leadership of Muhen, Sarimanok's sister.

She is also the remaining guardian of the whole nest of Himpapawid since Sarimanok left the place for some reason. Although Sarimanok and Muhen are large mythical birds, the inhabitants of Himpapawid are half-mortal and half-birds. They called themselves Lawin, and they vary in colors, capability, status, and race.

"It's the Sarimanok! He is back!"

"He came back! Tell Muhen quick!"

"Oh, he is indeed contracted with a god. No wonder he no longer has the emblem of Himpapawid..."

"Is that so? That's...sad."

"Isn't that a betrayal to our kind?"

"I will never get used to these birds talking through their beaks," Bakunawa scrunched his nose in dismay, got awakened by the screeching sounds that the Lawins have been making, he did not even notice that he was sleeping on Libulan's lap.

Whilst the moon god watched him massage his temple while glaring at the birds that kept whispering to one another. Sari was looking away from their gaze as he landed on the ground with his master and his acquaintance, or someone that the serpent god considers being precious to him.

"Are you feeling all right now?" The moon god gently asked as he tilted his head to see what Bakunawa's expression isㅡ unfortunately, the serpent god was already arguing with the Lawins through their telepathic ability and the annoyance can be seen on Bakunawa's face.

"You are all roasted chicken dinner once I get a handful of-"

But before Bakunawa could fry up all the Lawins who were badmouthing the quiet Sarimanok since he was not welcomed by most, and Libulan telling him to stop since it was embarrassing for Sari as wellㅡ a loud, trembling, and booming voice of a goddess made them all bow down onto their knees, including Sarimanok himself. Except for Bakunawa and Libulan for they hold so much power than the two siblings combined.

"I, ruler of this nest, did not remember inviting a pair of vile beings to step on the soil of Himpapawid. State your business or I will curse the god you brought with you today."
Everyone feared the sudden presence of their ruler, unbeknownst to them, she already predicted his brother to come along with two gods that seems to need her for something. She told them to leave them be for a while and do not let anyone interfere during the conversation or everyone will get the punishment they deserve.

All that was left is the deafening silence and the tension between the two siblings that parted for hundreds of years.

Muhen, unlike her colorful brother, is a captivating bird whose wings were abundant of silver and raven feathers, her eyes were white as the Sampaguita flowers and gaze that would pierce through the chamber of your soul.

"If you were still mad about Sari leaving this nest, then I guess you never grow up to be one of the rulers of Himpapawid. All you do is pose and threa-"

"Mahabagin! Hush that mouth of yours," Libulan nervously whispered as he covered Bakunawa's mouth before apologizing to Muhen repeatedly. The serpent god sighed, if only Libulan wasn't here, he could have clashed claws with Muhen already but since he brought him here for the answers that the moon god has to knowㅡ he knew he needs to behave.

So, he decided to hide behind Libulan's small figure, threatening Muhen through his gaze, that she will not put on a curse on Libulan, or it is on.

"Still full of energy, as usual, Lord of Laya," Muhen scoffed at him while the serpent god was pulling his tongue out to annoy her, and good thing Libulan couldn't see him, "And the audacity for you to step on the nest you once left behind, don't you feel any remorse? What kind of a ruler are you, brother?"

She shook her head in disappointment, yet Sarimanok does not seem to be affected by her antics anymore, before landing her gaze on the innocent looking moon god that seems to be a resemblance of someone she once knew. The longer she looked at him, the uncanny familiarity would show her more. Her eyes suddenly widened upon recalling who it was.

She immediately swoops down from the cliff where she stood to the ground where the Libulan is, her massive wings made a few things flew and this includes Libulan's veil that has been covering his face for a long time.

"You... you... who are you?" Muhen asked the flustered moon god. His veil was blown away! He panicked so much that he doesn't want Bakunawa to see his face, even though Sarimanok can see him from his place, he didn't get to see Libulan's face. Only Muhen did.

He immediately covered his eyes in fear that he might activate the powers of the Seven moons altogether once he felt paranoia. But Muhen controlled his body, removing his hands from his face, and Bakunawa, too, was wondering what was happening so he decided to look at Libulan but a strong wave of pain from his chest hindered him from doing so.

"Ugh!" He groaned, clutching his chest as he fell on one knee, gasping for air as he struggled to stand up again.

"Master!" Sarimanok screeched, "what have you done to them!" he growled at his sister who wasn't even paying attention to anybody but only to the face of Libulan that stunned her.

Calming down, she asked for the wind to bring back Libulan's veil, and they responded immediately. The wind carefully tied the veil back to Libulan's head before they embrace the moon god's body, and it made him feel an unusual thought of longing. Longing for what, he wondered.

"I see now, so this is why your fate is connected to the Lord of Laya, and thus cannot be removed nor replaced," Muhen told him as she approached the suffering Bakunawa and gave him temporary healing that knocked him unconscious but soon it will wear off since the pain he is feeling right now is out of her knowledge.

She began to sing the destiny that awaits Libulan, or the destiny that he is currently going through.

Para sa sagot na iyong tinutuklas
Ito ay aking kusang ibibigay
Alalanin o mag-aalala
Ano man ang pagpipilian
Puso ba o isipan
Dalawang tadhanang inukit
Isa’y dadanas ng dugo’t kadiliman
Isa’y dadamhin ang liwanag
Magtago man o tumakbo
Tadhana’y lalapit sayo
Lalaon ang pito’y mapapahamak
Tiyak na lublob sa bunganga
Ng makapangyarihang Baku Nawa

Libulan fell on his knees upon hearing the enchanted prophecy of the goddess of misfortune, Muhen. He was panting heavily as he clutched onto his throbbing chest.

Libulan, The Moon God (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें