10|| Am I Missing Something?

Yazan is still sleeping when we wake up the next morning

Yazan is still sleeping when we wake up the next morning. Alexander decides to be nice and make breakfast for the both of us which I can't lie and say didn't weird me out since he has no need to pretend to be nice with it being just the two of us.

I hastily eat the food and realize that Alexander is actually good at cooking.

"Never thought I'd say this to you but looks like you're pretty decent at something," I compliment backhandedly. Alexander narrows his eyes at me in offense.

"Thank you for letting me know not to make you anything after today," he grunts.

I almost choke on my heavenly food because of his response.

"No, I was only kidding! I don't get why you're offended when it's clearly a compliment," I grumble.

"Yeah, a backhanded one."

I mentally roll my eyes as I munch on the egg.

Soon after I'm done eating and I waste no time in getting up and leaving my plate in the sink (hoping Alexander would decide to wash it for me) and going to check up on Yazan. Dr. Miller taught me how to change the gauze yesterday so I walk towards Yazan and check on his wound before I change the bandage. The moment I'm done, his body jerks up and he almost has me in a chokehold. Thankfully, he's too weak for me at the moment. I force him to let go of me before I sit him back down.

"You and Alexander have a strange way of thanking people."

"You know Alexander?" he asks hoarsely as he furrows his eyebrows.

"How do you think you got here?" I ask as I allow a nice smile to spread over my face.

He shrugs.

"Now that is a question that I don't know the answer to."

"You don't remember anything?"

"I remember getting taken and.. Alexander saved me then baam! I got shot in the leg. I passed out halfway through because of the blood loss, I think," he tries to remember.