17|| Something Big

"How much longer is this going to take? My leg is starting to hurt," Yazan complains

"How much longer is this going to take? My leg is starting to hurt," Yazan complains. I stand straight and give him the stink eye.

"Dr. Miller said you're not supposed to move unless you want to slow down the healing process," I remind him. Yazan grins.

"Honey, I'm built different. I don't need to listen to doctors and whatnot," he replies. Alexander raises his head and gives him a mocking look before he finally stands straight.

"I'm kind of starting to feel claustrophobic here as well," he states before gathering the papers and putting them back in the folder. He takes the folder and strolls out of the secret hideout without looking back. My eyes lock with Yazan's before we both simultaneously shrug.

"You do need to rest too," I say before I help him out.

Here we are now, sitting on the kitchen table and eating Chinese takeout. Well, at least Yazan and I are eating. Alexander barely lifted his head from the papers since he saw them.

"Come on man, you're starting to make me regret finding them."

Alexander gives him a look, making him gulp in fear.

"Of course, that was only ironic," Yazan laughs stiffly. I watch their interaction in amusement before I burst into laughter.

"You know, I'm glad I ended up taking CYP's offer. Yes, they're a shitty company but you two are very entertaining."

It's hard to miss Yazan's big smile.

"Really? Aw, you like us now."

Alexander clicks his tongue and dismisses what I say.

How rude.

But it's okay, because I can tell from the way he fidgets and the way his eyes glint that he is content with the information he just received.

"And you, young man, stop listening in on our conversations and start contributing," I say as I point at him.

He scoffs.