24|| Everything Is Ruined

Valentina

Valentina

From the way things turned, we decide on staying as far away as possible from the places we are known to head to: that being our school and my apartment. The best solution for us is to stay all together to evade any slight chance of getting found and come up with a new plan. After all, they know who we are and what we tried to do. Not only that, but since Dr Collins is with us, it would be better to remain away from their sights to not risk her getting caught and getting killed by them. It is hard for us to go to a hotel and book a room when we barely know who John Griffin is in contact with. You never know who's going snitch on us.

"Damn it!" Alexander curses all of a sudden and makes us jump from the abrupt outburst of his.

While we knew that there's a chance of failure, I think we all had high hopes that the plan was going to be be the end of it all; the way to rid the world from CYP's screwed way of handling things. I don't blame Alexander for being angry, his plan did end up going into ruins, no matter how prepared he was for the failure.

The only thing that worked for us was the fact that we were able to rescue the researcher even if it wasn't the sole reason we went there. I'm not mad, however, because we did end up helping my teacher find her sister. Although, it wouldn't be too good right now for them to meet.

"You did manage to help Dr Collins escape. Don't blame yourself," Yazan tells him trying to lighten up his mood a little.

"Everything is ruined. All the hard work we put into this is gone. How am I supposed to relax now when we don't even know what our next plan would be. Now that they know what we are trying to do, they're going to be on the lookout for us. Even Valentina's house, we can't go back there because they are probably surrounding it right about now," he says indignantly.

"I am genuinely sorry for the inconvenience," the researcher says apologetically.

"You don't need to pay any heeds to him, please don't think that we ended up losing our documents for the sake of helping you. It really had nothing to do with you being there. It was unavoidable," I try to reassure her.