;;8 - 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠..

———————————————————————————
conversation between you and dream🤡
———————————————————————————

you:
ok im back

—————————————————
☎ dream is calling you.
answer || decline || voicemail
—————————————————

"Hey?" I fumble with the phone for a second before I rest it on my table, my glasses slipping down my face slightly. "Hey," says a voice which I assume is dream. 

"Can you hear what I'm saying?" "Yeah, yeah I can." "Okay, aha- I didn't think that you'd be able to cause the wind's so loud here." 

Oh right, he was sitting in a stadium watching the others practice sports, right?
Yeah, that'd make sense.

"Nah, I can hear you just fine." "Nice to know, Techno. Uh-" An unintelligible noise comes from Dream's end of the phone, and he shouts back a repsonse that I can't quite pick up. "Sorry, uh- Sapnap and George were calling for me for a sec."

"Hey uh, you sure you want to do this now? I mean, if you're busy-" "Nah, its fine. I mean, if you don't want to do it that's a different story, but I'm okay," he replies, phone camera facing his sneakers. 

"Oh, uh- okay. So uh, how am I really supposed to do this?" 

"Man, I don't really know- just uh, talk I guess? about whatever you want. Just like- treat it like you're ranting about something that you hate."

"Huh." Sounds easy enough.

"Ok uh- hmm." "Here, uh- what about, uhm- you give me like a life backstory of some sort? If that's easier for you, that is."

"Uh- sure." 

"So I guess its just, my parents put a lot of pressure on my siblings and I, and it's just getting to my head, I suppose. I've always been taught that I'm upper class and I have to like- establish that, and I feel like it's just taking over me at this point. That that's all I am. It's just my status that defines me."

I pause to take a breath before continuing. "Also, cause I'm the oldest, I'm also looked upon to take care of my younger siblings and I guess on top of everything I'm just hella stressed."

It's silent on the other end, and for a second I think I've done something wrong, but then Dream responds. "Huh." Short and simple. "Well, did that make you feel better?"

"..Actually, now that I think of it, it kinda did."

There's the audible sound of a smile from the other side- and I don't really know how to describe it except that it just- it sounds happy, and it makes me start smiling. "Well, I'm glad to hear that." 

Just as I'm about to say something, Dream cuts me off with a, "Wh- wait, hold up." 

"Uh? Coming!" Dream yells towards someone on his end of the call, and I guess that signifies that he has to go, because theres some sounds of him fumbling around on the other side before he says, "Ah, sorry Techno- I have to go now, but if you want we can do this whenever you want to vent?" 

I'm still smiling as I say this, but I feel it growing wider every passing second. "Yeah, that'd be great. Thank you Dream, really." "No problem, Mr. Killer Man."

Click.